Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

13 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

How anyone can argue to play Vuc above Birch and biyombo is beyond me. 

I'll type this slowly: Nikola Vucevic is    better   than     both     of        those          players         by            a             large                         marginnnnnnnnn.

3 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I'll type this slowly: Nikola Vucevic is    better   than     both     of        those          players         by            a             large                         marginnnnnnnnn.

The last player you praised ended up being shipped out so I hope that trend continues

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Individually, yes.  But the team plays better with the other two, especially Birch.  And ultimately that’s what matters. 

And no one cares how quickly you type. 

3 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Individually, yes.  But the team plays better with the other two, especially Birch.  And ultimately that’s what matters. 

The way I rate players nowadays is strictly based on a team context. I don't care about your stats if your teammates are miserable around you

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mauro Pedrosa said:

The way I rate players nowadays is strictly based on a team context. I don't care about your stats if your teammates are miserable arounf you

Completely agree.  

Ok so after putting on 11 pounds it's fair to say JI is a MAN CHILD! saw him battling with Jordan and held his own fine. What a game JI had, I've never seen a player quite like him defensively. EVERY TIME he switched out on a guard the possession either became a turnover or the guard had to swing the ball around. I know last night was a late night game but it was well worth it. He had 7 of his 9 points in the 1st. All his shots came within the flow of the offense. Another summer of working on his shot and he'll be a deadly 3 and D threat in just his 2nd season. I couldn't be happier with him and am even more glad we drafted him.

30 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Ok so after putting on 11 pounds it's fair to say JI is a MAN CHILD! saw him battling with Jordan and held his own fine. What a game JI had, I've never seen a player quite like him defensively. EVERY TIME he switched out on a guard the possession either became a turnover or the guard had to swing the ball around. I know last night was a late night game but it was well worth it. He had 7 of his 9 points in the 1st. All his shots came within the flow of the offense. Another summer of working on his shot and he'll be a deadly 3 and D threat in just his 2nd season. I couldn't be happier with him and am even more glad we drafted him.

I've never seen a rookie with such defensive instincts

1 hour ago, Murphy13 said:

Our    defense   looks   better   with   either    of   the   other   2    by    a    lot

5 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

I just spent the last few pages trying to explain this.

As pathetic as this roster is, Vuc is still better than the options behind him. That's not an indictment on how good Vuc is (I don't care for his game one bit), it's an ultimatum on how horrible the roster is. But somehow these two ideas are inseparable. 

Biyombo in the starting lineup helps the team win because he mostly does what you want a center to do--play with energy and defend. His offensive futility is hidden playing alongside other scorers. As such, he's junk off the bench.

Vucevic never gets free throws, takes way too many **** jumpers, and loves getting torched in PNRs. Perfect for the tank but I don't think it's disputable that if it's a choice between him and Biyombo for a starter, he's the worse option.