Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

27 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Solid all around might be enough

Compared to what we have now it’s fantastic. 

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Our record is absolutely terrible in the games Vuch has played this season (and all time for the Magic). Young guy(Birch) seems to be helping the team play better and you want to stick with the guy who has proven he can’t win for 6 years?   Not really understanding your point here.  

Vuc is still better. You want change for change's sake. But I don't see the logic in playing a worse player. Birch got a lot of burn the last 6 or so weeks when Vuc was out. If he had some huge breakout games than I'd concede but he didn't even do that. In the games he played I think he showed he's a good high energy bench guy. nothing more. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

I didnt mean Birch and Mario as players. I meant in regards to their playing time and development. There should not be any reason as to why we have Biz playing over Him. 

No, Hezonja is leagues ahead of Birch as a player in every facet. You're comparing a guy who was hyped since 16 and a top pick 5 pick to an undrafted, relatively unknown player. Just because you give them both the same playing time, you think they will have the same outcomes as players? these guys aren't robots lol. 

If we get lucky enough to get the first pick I hope we pick Ayton and then I could see us offerring a big contract  to Isiah Thomas 

Go look at the 4:55 seconds left in the 3rd quarter vs the kings. Anyone who defends VUC on here is an idiot 

2 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Exactly my point. He is not going to make us win more games. He can be a double double machine. Maybe, maybe not. I cant certainly say but Not sure why you make that statement of “he is what he is” when we have not seen him play much. 

He got plenty of burn these past 6 weeks. where have you been? If he had something more to give, you don't think he would have? If he had some awesome post moves or step backs or any offensive polish, wouldn't we have seen something?! Birch has proven to me that he belongs in the league, and that's actually a big deal considering he went undrafted and played overseas. He's a good bench guy, and can give you 15 minutes and not lose you the game. 

2 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I do agree he is a double double guy 

you know he only recorded one double double during this stretch without Vucevic, right?

39 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Vuc is still better. You want change for change's sake. But I don't see the logic in playing a worse player. Birch got a lot of burn the last 6 or so weeks when Vuc was out. If he had some huge breakout games than I'd concede but he didn't even do that. In the games he played I think he showed he's a good high energy bench guy. nothing more. 

We just disagree.  I think Birch is better as a team player.  Be nice to see the team continuing to evolve into a high energy team that competes every night.  Instead, since Vuch has come back, we've regressed badly.  It's not all about the individual stats.

5 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

We just disagree.  I think Birch is better as a team player.  Be nice to see the team continuing to evolve into a high energy team that competes every night.  Instead, since Vuch has come back, we've regressed badly.  It's not all about the individual stats.

After we trade Vuc's expiring in the off season we'll be able to see some defense being played at the 5 next season. Suck it up and hold on guys, better times are coming!

8 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

No, Hezonja is leagues ahead of Birch as a player in every facet. You're comparing a guy who was hyped since 16 and a top pick 5 pick to an undrafted, relatively unknown player. Just because you give them both the same playing time, you think they will have the same outcomes as players? these guys aren't robots lol. 

Draft position has nothing to do with development and yes, playing time is essential to build confidence and most importantly experience. You are again comparing players. That is not what we need to do here. Mario and Birch are completely different but since you like to compare players. Lets talk about SImmons then. Undrafted player who got a shot in SA and was given the oportunity to PLAY. He is now playing ahead of Mario. So, again, Draft postion or player hype has nothing to do with development. It is all about playing time. Birch can be good for us and not playing him will be detrimental. In my opinion, we need to sign him into an extension sooner than later. I dont want the Magic organization to pull a Dedmon like move on Birch. 

8 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

He got plenty of burn these past 6 weeks. where have you been? If he had something more to give, you don't think he would have? If he had some awesome post moves or step backs or any offensive polish, wouldn't we have seen something?! Birch has proven to me that he belongs in the league, and that's actually a big deal considering he went undrafted and played overseas. He's a good bench guy, and can give you 15 minutes and not lose you the game. 

Have YOU see him play? That is the main reason we need to play him more.. I am looking forward to see him playing  next to Isaac and Gordon. See what we have with the trio defensively. Who knows, our transition offense can improve as well. I just want to see that.  

2 years ago we had a very similar guy in our roster and we let him go. Birch is till 25 years old and think his potential is even greater. 

I am not saying he is a starting star quality Center but it is better to play him at this point than continue use Vuch and Biz.

I do agree that Vuch is much better than him Offensively. But, again, I am intrigued and looking forward to see what we have in him playing next to Isaac and Gordon. Is that too much to ask? 

You keep bringing Mario Situation over and keep comparing players. But we were all in the same situation with Mario and his development and playing time. The reason with Mario was not playing was that, according to some, he needed to mature and slow down his game a little. Well, he did that with playing time. Now, he is likely gone next year. Birch is 25 and is mature enough to get some burn. We are failing him by not playing him. 

If he doesnt play to our expectetion, as long as he get enought consistent playing time, I will be the firs one her to accept his failure and we can move on. I just need to see it. 

• Upvote 2