Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

A lot of you keep bringing up the development of Birch. I don’t really think there is much more development to his game. He’s a solid guy who plays his role. Whether that means as a starter or bench guy he’s going to do his job. More playing time isn’t going to change much. He’s not some rookie who has never played professional b-ball. His time overseas served him well.

5 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

A lot of you keep bringing up the development of Birch. I don’t really think there is much more development to his game. He’s a solid guy who plays his role. Whether that means as a starter or bench guy he’s going to do his job. More playing time isn’t going to change much. He’s not some rookie who has never played professional b-ball. His time overseas served him well.

I disagree. Look at Mario. He is a good example. He played several years oversea and took him 3 years to really develop. Birch is no different. He needs to have more time in the court to get the experience and see if he develops to more than a end of rotation type of player. 

This is the perfect timing. Lets truly see what we have ln him.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Nah. I want for Birch to develop. He needs more time in the court. 

I'm sure that you don't want to see him develop THIS SEASON if it means losing out on one of the top guys in the draft, right? We need Vuc the matador playing as many minutes as possible so that we can discreetly tank.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

I disagree. Look at Mario. He is a good example. He played several years oversea and took him 3 years to really develop. Birch is no different. He needs to have more time in the court to get the experience and see if he develops to more than a end of rotation type of player. 

no, no. Birch is VERY different from Hezonja. not even close. 

1 hour ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

This is what i'm trying to wrap my head around. Is he suddenly going to post double doubles on a nightly basis? is he going to start scoring in double digits? very, very unlikely. He is what he is. 

2 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

no, no. Birch is VERY different from Hezonja. not even close. 

I didnt mean Birch and Mario as players. I meant in regards to their playing time and development. There should not be any reason as to why we have Biz playing over Him. 

11 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

This is what i'm trying to wrap my head around. Is he suddenly going to post double doubles on a nightly basis? is he going to start scoring in double digits? very, very unlikely. He is what he is. 

Exactly my point. He is not going to make us win more games. He can be a double double machine. Maybe, maybe not. I cant certainly say but Not sure why you make that statement of “he is what he is” when we have not seen him play much. 

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

Comparing a #5 pick in the draft to a guy who went undrafted is not fair. I'm not saying Birch can't or will not improve I'm just saying he is not much more than a good role player. Now, I believe that is exactly what we need at the center position so I am not discounting him starting just saying I'm not sure what else "develops".

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yes

I do agree he is a double double guy who plays good defense on a nightly basis. I just want to make sure everyone doesn't get too carried away with their expectations. Birch is solid in most regards. He won't excel most nights but will do his job. Defensively he will look like a world beater simply because we haven't had a guy play good defense at the center position since Dwight. He's solid all around that's it.

1 minute ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I do agree he is a double double guy who plays good defense on a nightly basis. I just want to make sure everyone doesn't get too carried away with their expectations. Birch is solid in most regards. He won't excel most nights but will do his job. Defensively he will look like a world beater simply because we haven't had a guy play good defense at the center position since Dwight. He's solid all around that's it.

Solid all around might be enough