Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Ibn Battuta said:

seeing how you guys keep mentioning Birch, it feels like he's like Hakeem sitting on the bench.

Honestly I don't see the big deal with Birch. I think he is a bit better defensively compared to Vuc, but what about the other side of the ball? Does he have enough game to make shots for the team? I don't see it. 

What Vuc provides on offense he gives up on defense. With birch in there may not be a need for Vucs scoring volume 

3 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Kinda like Willie Mays is a lot better at hitting home runs than Willie Nelson. 

Kinda like Billy Mays sold a lot more detergent than Willie Mays.

21 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Was Ben Wallace, Ben wallace in his rookie year?

I think you're moving the goal posts a bit. Now you're saying he needs more playing time to become better defensively?

Anyway, the metrics I've researched don't show that Birch is so much better than Vuc defensively. Birch is a good energy and hustle guy. But he doesn't have the scoring polish that Vuc has, and that makes him a huge liability. He's basically Biyombo in that we are playing 4 on 5 offensively. 

29 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

What Vuc provides on offense he gives up on defense. With birch in there may not be a need for Vucs scoring volume 

No, You can actually run plays for Vuc and he is a good scorer. He's a viable 6th man off the bench for a contending team. Khem Birch doesn't come close to that. 

6 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I think you're moving the goal posts a bit. Now you're saying he needs more playing time to become better defensively?

Anyway, the metrics I've researched don't show that Birch is so much better than Vuc defensively. Birch is a good energy and hustle guy. But he doesn't have the scoring polish that Vuc has, and that makes him a huge liability. He's basically Biyombo in that we are playing 4 on 5 offensively. 

No, You can actually run plays for Vuc and he is a good scorer. He's a viable 6th man off the bench for a contending team. Khem Birch doesn't come close to that. 

The idea is having a lesser talent without dramatic flaws might benefit if you can get the rest of the starting lineup to takeover vucevic's playmaking.  

Birch is a good shot blocker and a good offensive rebounder and can pass and hit a 10 footer.  Maybe you missed the games he played well in because his energy had a significant impact on the rest of the team.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The idea is having a lesser talent without dramatic flaws might benefit if you can get the rest of the starting lineup to takeover vucevic's playmaking.  

Birch is a good shot blocker and a good offensive rebounder and can pass and hit a 10 footer.  Maybe you missed the games he played well in because his energy had a significant impact on the rest of the team.  

I think the whole idea is, since it appears EF is out 7-10 days, why not play players to see what they can do (i.e Birch.)   I think the best pass I saw last night came , with the score 106-97, Isaac drove and flipped it back to a wide open Gordon, for a 2 pt jumper (wow----Isaac and Gordon together--who would have thunk!!)  Isaac looked like a PG with that pass, he has got skills.  How about Birch, Isaac, and Gordon together!!!  Now If Vogel resists using players who may help us in the future (Birch),  which is what he did with Mario and why we may lose him, that tells me something about his willingness/ability (or lack thereof) to develop players.  

• Upvote 1

Random reflection: It really is crazy how much EP’s defense dropped off a cliff this year. His offense was always limited, but his defense both in Orlando and Phoenix this season has been so rough. Look at these advanced stats: https://stats.nba.com/player/203901/. Not trying to pick on the guy rather am truly surprised.

6 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Random reflection: It really is crazy how much EP’s defense dropped off a cliff this year. His offense was always limited, but his defense both in Orlando and Phoenix this season has been so rough. Look at these advanced stats: https://stats.nba.com/player/203901/. Not trying to pick on the guy rather am truly surprised.

Shooting 36% in 4 March games without a 3pt make

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Looks like AG is out with concussion protocol for tomorrow nights game from a collision with Randle last game.

Man... Seems like AG has had quite a few concussions already in his career.. something to keep an eye on moving forward