Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

48 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Maybe we need a center  who can play defense worse than a point guard

We have that guy sitting at the end of the bench.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

We have that guy sitting at the end of the bench.

The more we play Vuc the better our tanking odds are. If I was coaching I would have gone at him on that play too!

3 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

The more we play Vuc the better our tanking odds are. If I was coaching I would have gone at him on that play too!

And we never get to see what Birch could do.  Probably release him in the off-season.  Very short sighted, sacrifice everything to the “tank”

12 hours ago, random said:

From few months ago, Weltman said this about Frank. To me it sounded like Frank will be here regardless of how this year goes, we have roster to fix before we worry about coach again.

Link

I'd be surprised if Frank wasn't our head coach next season. We have greater priorities in the off season than finding his replacement. However, that was typical GM speak. Saying something but not saying much at the same time.

Also, if Weltman did come out and say Frank is coaching for his job, that could change Frank's approach for the rest of the season because he would need his team to win games and show significant improvement. For those that want "the tank", putting a question mark over Frank would arguably not be the way to go. By giving him security it helps "the tank" because Frank can focus on developing players and not worrying about on court results, instead he can focus on whether players are improving parts of their game. Then again, I suppose Frank will still want wins even with job security like against the Lakers. 

Evan has a sprained mcl 

The MC ligament attaches to the femur (thigh bone) and tibia (shinbone). Recovery Time: A minor, or grade 1, MCL tear can take from a few days to a week and a half to heal sufficiently for you to return to normal activities, including sports. A grade 2 tear can take from two to four weeks

2 hours ago, Mike1989 said:

I'd be surprised if Frank wasn't our head coach next season. We have greater priorities in the off season than finding his replacement. However, that was typical GM speak. Saying something but not saying much at the same time.

Also, if Weltman did come out and say Frank is coaching for his job, that could change Frank's approach for the rest of the season because he would need his team to win games and show significant improvement. For those that want "the tank", putting a question mark over Frank would arguably not be the way to go. By giving him security it helps "the tank" because Frank can focus on developing players and not worrying about on court results, instead he can focus on whether players are improving parts of their game. Then again, I suppose Frank will still want wins even with job security like against the Lakers. 

So how is frank developing birch lately?

seeing how you guys keep mentioning Birch, it feels like he's like Hakeem sitting on the bench.

Honestly I don't see the big deal with Birch. I think he is a bit better defensively compared to Vuc, but what about the other side of the ball? Does he have enough game to make shots for the team? I don't see it. 

7 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

seeing how you guys keep mentioning Birch, it feels like he's like Hakeem sitting on the bench.

Honestly I don't see the big deal with Birch. I think he is a bit better defensively compared to Vuc, but what about the other side of the ball? Does he have enough game to make shots for the team? I don't see it. 

A bit better defensively than vuch?  Do u watch the games he’s played. Kinda like Bruce bowen was slightly better than Rex Chapman on d. 

16 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

A bit better defensively than vuch?  Do u watch the games he’s played. Kinda like Bruce bowen was slightly better than Rex Chapman on d. 

He's not Ben Wallace out there. And you can't completely ignore the other side of the ball.