Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Highly doubtful, coaches like Vogel don’t tank. It’s not very beneficial to their careers. 

It does when you got the green light from ownership and your job is secure.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Its not really prudent to start a guy who's on a minutes restriction as he has to play the first 6 minutes then only 12 of the next 42. 

I’d still start Mario and biyombo 

4 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Highly doubtful new leadership has secured Vogel’s job 

Neither you or I have any clue on that.... I guess we'll find out at the end of the year.

From few months ago, Weltman said this about Frank. To me it sounded like Frank will be here regardless of how this year goes, we have roster to fix before we worry about coach again.

Weltman: Yes. When I say that Frank’s done a good job, then as far as I’m concerned, I put that over on the side and say, “Frank’s done a good job. Let’s look where we can improve.” And that doesn’t mean that Frank can’t get better. I’m sure Frank will tell you the same thing himself just as I myself every day, after I drive home, ask myself, “What could I have done better today?” We can all do better. But Frank’s done a good job. If you’re asking me, “Is he safe?” Yes, sure. But that doesn’t mean that we’re not all going to be challenged to do better. That’s every part of the organization.

Link

those here who want to tank might have received a blessing from the basketball Gods if Fournier misses time.  Losing him for a couple weeks should have some sort of impact on our win probability going forward

2 hours ago, random said:

From few months ago, Weltman said this about Frank. To me it sounded like Frank will be here regardless of how this year goes, we have roster to fix before we worry about coach again.

Link

That was a vague comment that didn’t say anything 

18 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

those here who want to tank might have received a blessing from the basketball Gods if Fournier misses time.  Losing him for a couple weeks should have some sort of impact on our win probability going forward

yeah, we'll certainly miss his floor spacing and Vuc will miss his playmaking anothrr tough break for us

he's also easily our most aggressive and clutch scorer in late game situations 

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

If it was Philly they would sit him the rest of the year.  Saw Augustin tweaked his ankle at the end of the game.  Did you hear any updates if it was serious?

4 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

If it was Philly they would sit him the rest of the year.  Saw Augustin tweaked his ankle at the end of the game.  Did you hear any updates if it was serious?

read that he ended up back in the game but I'm having trouble remembering if that was so, I'd rest him though

Oh, and that weasel Silver needs to look at NBA rules rather than tanking.  How stupid was that rule at the end of the game last night. Our ball, Lakers person controlling the clock screws up, Lakers knock it out of bounds and it is a jump ball.  I saw Vogel's lips say, "But it was our ball!"  No logic to that rule at all!!!  But more disturbing was being one point down and  Lakers out of bounds play goes to Lopez vs Vuc.  Maybe we need a center  who can play defense worse than a point guard even though I did enjoy watch a real PG (IT) who coud shoot and dribble through our defense while passing off assists sort of like Young could do.