Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

21 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

The root of all our current problems is this idea of making the team as terrible as possible in order to get that “franchise changing player”. As has been pointed out in numerous posts, this is a huge gamble that rarely works.  Much more often you wind up with a pathetic and demoralized group similar to what we’ve had here these past six long years.  Time to get out of that mindset.

Ironically, playing Birch, which you advocate above and which I agree with, might actually translate into more wins. 

Is there really an obvious franchise saving player in this draft anyway?

14 minutes ago, Odin said:

Is there really an obvious franchise saving player in this draft anyway?

Not really.  

And honestly I'm not sure both bridges and Zhaire Smith aren't on the same tier  as Carter, bamba, young, or Bagley.  

40 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

The root of all our current problems is this idea of making the team as terrible as possible in order to get that “franchise changing player”. As has been pointed out in numerous posts, this is a huge gamble that rarely works.  Much more often you wind up with a pathetic and demoralized group similar to what we’ve had here these past six long years.  Time to get out of that mindset.

Ironically, playing Birch, which you advocate above and which I agree with, might actually translate into more wins. 

I would have loved to rebuild the way Philly did. They are becoming a very good team and still have lots of picks. They are years ahead of us in the rebuild.

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Not really.  

And honestly I'm not sure both bridges and Zhaire Smith aren't on the same tier  as Carter, bamba, young, or Bagley.  

What are your thoughts about Shake Milton as a 6'6 PG? 

SEASON TEAM MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
2017-18 SMU 36.4 5.6-12.5 .449 2.5-5.9 .434 4.3-5.0 .847 4.7 4.4 0.6 1.4 1.7 2.3 18.0

7 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

What are your thoughts about Shake Milton as a 6'6 PG? 

SEASON TEAM MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
2017-18 SMU 36.4 5.6-12.5 .449 2.5-5.9 .434 4.3-5.0 .847 4.7 4.4 0.6 1.4 1.7 2.3 18.0

Dont really have an opinion on him yet.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

I think we will win too many games anyway and end up at the top of the bottom dwellers around 7-9th. It sucks for him to be playing well and then get benched for a guy that is detrimental to the team.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I think we will win too many games anyway and end up at the top of the bottom dwellers around 7-9th. It sucks for him to be playing well and then get benched for a guy that is detrimental to the team.

Agree 100% about Birch

20 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

We're probably gonna suck again next year.

Unless we make a lot of changes, yeah! Like I said before last season changing a few players won't make much difference.

drafted PG-Mario-Isaac-AG-Birch (1 holdover starter)

DJ-Fournier-Ross-draft pick-Biyombo

Mack-draft pick-FA-FA-FA

would be a LOT different than what we started this season with

Winning now would just ensure Vucevic and Fournier are still starters next year and we go through the same hell.

I wouldn't mind winning every game until the end of the season if it was with Isaac, Hezonja and Gordon as the main players

• Upvote 1