Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, ~O~ said:

The Magic are in great position now.  I like it.  Now they can afford to win a game or two. 

E4F77926-5B80-42FB-A103-33D7E8BAE70B.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Ben SImmons is a high IQ player.  I think I'm going to love seeing his play throughout his career.  

I'm going to pretend like I didn't see the Mark Jackson suggestion on the previous page.

• Upvote 1

On 3/1/2018 at 6:39 PM, TRU BELIEVER said:

My point is that I don't think he would ruin any players here because he would feel back at home. He ruined the end of his career here because he thought the grass was greener.

Can we finally stop this Dwight crap! Dude how much proof do you need that he’s a cancer EVERYWHERE he goes?

• Upvote 1

I do agree Vogel needs to be fired but this stackhouse potential hiring looks a lot like Jacque Vaughn hiring (no head coach experience, former player, touted as a players coach, etc)

47 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

I do agree Vogel needs to be fired but this stackhouse potential hiring looks a lot like Jacque Vaughn hiring (no head coach experience, former player, touted as a players coach, etc)

He's currently a head coach.  

I'm out on the "coaching success prediction" game.  Nobody has any idea if a coach is going to be good or bad.  Not us.  Not experts.  Not other coaches or players.  

Hiring Jerry Stackhouse might be so forward thinking that it is a franchise changing move for the positive.  Or he could be the worst coach we've ever had.  Or he might just be ok.  Who knows. 

52 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He's currently a head coach.  

I'm out on the "coaching success prediction" game.  Nobody has any idea if a coach is going to be good or bad.  Not us.  Not experts.  Not other coaches or players.  

Hiring Jerry Stackhouse might be so forward thinking that it is a franchise changing move for the positive.  Or he could be the worst coach we've ever had.  Or he might just be ok.  Who knows. 

Agreed. I thought Vogel was gonna be good here, turns out Larry Legend was right 

We are not in position where making a head coach change will turn things around guys. We tried keeping core together and making multiple coaching changes and we can all see where it got us. We need new/improved roster first before even considering another coaching change.

9 minutes ago, random said:

We are not in position where making a head coach change will turn things around guys. We tried keeping core together and making multiple coaching changes and we can all see where it got us. We need new/improved roster first before even considering another coaching change.

I mean you're not wrong but we're not pushing to hire Jerry Stackhouse, Weltman is

19 minutes ago, random said:

Obviously it is hard to read Weltman but it appears he is not enamored with Vogel.  I am reasonably certain that Weltman, not based on his sole opinion,  did not extend Hezonja on the input and advice of others.  If Vogel was one of those others Weltman cannot be really happy about that advice.   Coaching change at this point would be to develop this very young  team (getting younger after this upcoming draft) into a consistent playoff team.  I am one who does not believe we are that far off.  Injuries have decimated the Magic this year.  It will, hopefully, allow us to get a high pick (top 5 I hope) to add to this roster.  That, along with potential trades, means we will have this new/improved roster to grow with.  Weltman may want his own guy to start over.   I am hoping, no matter what changes are made, that this year will mark the end of our lottery days.