Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

there's dirty plays, sneaking in elbows here and there or grabbing an arm or uniform away from the refs eyes and then there's purposefully trying to injury a player which Zaza seems to find himself in question of over and over again. It's more than just bad or dirty it's down right evil and that mindset should have no place in this world much less sports entertainment. If you'd get arrested at your job for the same thing so should he. Imagine, you're walking into your boss office with a stack of mail and a letter opener.

"Hey boss I got that mail you asked for."

You 'trip' flinging his mail throughout the room and stabbing him in the jugular vein with the letter opener.

Do you think your boss just swivels around in his chair, grabs a notepad and jots down "fair enough chief, try not to be so clumsy next time, ok." ?

Actually this sums it up best.  Hilarious post and accurate analogy.  100% agree ZaZa did it on purpose and NBA should suspend him.  But I love Westbrook's reaction, shaking his head.  It was almost like "really?  That is  pathetic and is that the best you got?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

there's dirty plays, sneaking in elbows here and there or grabbing an arm or uniform away from the refs eyes and then there's purposefully trying to injury a player which Zaza seems to find himself in question of over and over again. It's more than just bad or dirty it's down right evil and that mindset should have no place in this world much less sports entertainment. If you'd get arrested at your job for the same thing so should he. Imagine, you're walking into your boss office with a stack of mail and a letter opener.

"Hey boss I got that mail you asked for."

You 'trip' flinging his mail throughout the room and stabbing him in the jugular vein with the letter opener.

Do you think your boss just swivels around in his chair, grabs a notepad and jots down "fair enough chief, try not to be so clumsy next time, ok." ?

No one was hurt. I think it is all drama. It is basketball and I surely appreciate some hustle here and there. He didnt cut anyone’s jugular vein. And the officials didnt see anything wrong there either. 

I missed the time we had players like that. Remember  Rafer Alston and Matt Barnes? They played dirty and were effective. I enjoyed seeing those two playing for the Magic. Same goes with Trevor Ariza.

Basketball is getting too soft. People complaining on how A 7 footer landed on a player and then you have  Lebron complaining that he is not getting enough foul calls. 

Bring back the early 90’s! Bad boys of Detroit, the Oakley and Mason’s of New York(RIP), the Ron artest’s of Indiana. Really good basketball. 

Soo... with that been said; who else is looking forward for the next OKC vs Golden State game now?

20 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

No one was hurt. I think it is all drama. It is basketball and I surely appreciate some hustle here and there. He didnt cut anyone’s jugular vein. And the officials didnt see anything wrong there either. 

I missed the time we had players like that. Remember  Rafer Alston and Matt Barnes? They played dirty and were effective. I enjoyed seeing those two playing for the Magic. Same goes with Trevor Ariza.

Basketball is getting too soft. People complaining on how A 7 footer landed on a player and then you have  Lebron complaining that he is not getting enough foul calls. 

Bring back the early 90’s! Bad boys of Detroit, the Oakley and Mason’s of New York(RIP), the Ron artest’s of Indiana. Really good basketball. 

Soo... with that been said; who else is looking forward for the next OKC vs Golden State game now?

Nope,  you're wrong. Saying we should dirty the game up more doesn't do much for the longevity of athletes. At some point you have to protect your employees in the work place. If this was Jonathan Isaac or John Collins falling on Westbrook it'd be nothing but because it's a repeat offender people look into it and upon looking into it, it appears as though the typical logical reaction of bracing yourself when falling was ignored in effect lumbering himself to the ground with as much weight as possible. Then he runs off without looking back at the player he just slammed on. 

10 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Nope,  you're wrong. Saying we should dirty the game up more doesn't do much for the longevity of athletes. At some point you have to protect your employees in the work place. If this was Jonathan Isaac or John Collins falling on Westbrook it'd be nothing but because it's a repeat offender people look into it and upon looking into it, it appears as though the typical logical reaction of bracing yourself when falling was ignored in effect lumbering himself to the ground with as much weight as possible. Then he runs off without looking back at the player he just slammed on. 

No, I am not wrong. It my opinion that the play was not intentional and I stick by it. It is you thay is saying it was a dirty play because it just got physical. 

why are we even talking about this? Do you remeber how many times Dwight got foul hard when he was playing for the magic? Some people considered that dirty playing. I did not. I was more bothered by the fact he could not make any FT’s.

9 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Anytime anyone went at the rim they would be fouled

That's true. Of course people would still only get 5 fouls, but rosters are usually big enough that teams could do what you say a lot of the time and just foul the crap out of someone. Still, It would be nice to find a way to not have to see players just shooting FTs all the time, it slows the game down. Ha, you're ?forthewin now; I was wondering what you'd change it to after we traded him. What was your screen name before we got him?

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

Literally the worst era of basketball post 3pt line. Nobody wants to see 88-86 games full of bricks and WWE antics.

10 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Literally the worst era of basketball post 3pt line. Nobody wants to see 88-86 games full of bricks and WWE antics.

I never want to go back to the 90's and the bad boys of Detroit.  They were truly dirty. And I never want to see another Dennis Rodman, ever, in the NBA.  One was enough.  He and North Korea were made for each other!!!

I think anyone who looks at zaza getting tripped and continues to blame him is crazy or blind. 

You cant parse through a players fall frame by frame and say hey should have braced himself differently.  That's not how people fall.  

9 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Apparently not playing till Wednesday. Just let the dude play already for god sake 

He's not ready.  Looked somewhat bad in Lakeland

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I think anyone who looks at zaza getting tripped and continues to blame him is crazy or blind. 

You cant parse through a players fall frame by frame and say hey should have braced himself differently.  That's not how people fall.  

Zaza's history doesn't make me want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

https://deadspin.com/maybe-just-get-zaza-pachulia-the-*****-out-of-here-1823333674