Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

Ok...so back to these posts..which takes us to another topic.

The Cavaliers might have rejuvenated themselves washing away the burnt out players that were on their team before. 

The Warriors on the other hand need a season vacation.  All of their players need to miss basketball so they can care about playing. 

I feel that Toronto is fools gold after just an analysis of the all-star game.  Demarr Derozan and Kyle Lowry literally lost the big lead Team Curry had on the same type of shots they take in the playoffs. You know..those threes they force on consecutive possessions  and miss of course letting the opponent completely back into the game?    I expect the annual choke yet again in the playoffs.  They never learn.  

The Celtics can't have Kyrie carry them into the playoffs.  They need to be dependent on Jaylen and Tatum.  The Wizards have stagnated for about half a decade.  They are the new Atlanta Hawks team that the Magic use to own in the playoffs.  I don't expect anything from them.   

Indiana is a the  dark horse.  Philly and Milly would be described as "meh".    A term of complete indifference.  The West...is too close currently.  

You're forgetting the lessons of every dynasty ever.  They'll turn it on for the playoffs

Just now, ?4thewin said:

You're forgetting the lessons of every dynasty ever.  They'll turn it on for the playoffs

But...what's their motivation?  They've already peaked.   Teams like the Rockets and Thunder have a motive.  I don't think the Golden State does anymore.  They've been careless for half the season.  Often, the officials have won them games at times.  Not even gonna lie.  They've been bailed out on some occasions in games by sheer reputation.  Other games, they've lost because they don't even look like they care.  This is the first season that they actually don't look motivated.  They've already proven themselves setting NBa records.  I don't see the drive I saw last season.  I only see it ONLY in Durant.  Not in the original Warriors.  

2 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

But...what's their motivation?  They've already peaked.   Teams like the Rockets and Thunder have a motive.  I don't think the Golden State does anymore.  They've been careless for half the season.  Often, the officials have won them games at times.  Not even gonna lie.  They've been bailed out on some occasions in games by sheer reputation.  Other games, they've lost because they don't even look like they care.  This is the first season that they actually don't look motivated.  They've already proven themselves setting NBa records.  I don't see the drive I saw last season.  I only see it ONLY in Durant.  Not in the original Warriors.  

They don't care.  Its February

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

They don't care.  Its February

I guess we'll see if the "Turn on" will happen.  

3 hours ago, ~O~ said:

I guess we'll see if the "Turn on" will happen.  

Dude, they are obviously coasting and are just narrowly in second place.

Championship teams turn it on every year down the stretch, they'll be fine. Not saying they will win, but they have nothing to prove in the regular season and they already have their main lines all worked out.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ~O~ said:

But...what's their motivation?    

All-time greatness? The regular season is a formality, they only care about winning championships.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, magicblue said:

All-time greatness? The regular season is a formality, they only care about winning championships.

This is how it is for all great teams throughout history. Unless they're going for a record, the regular season is not that important. Applies to every team sport I can think of.

9 minutes ago, jec said:

This is how it is for all great teams throughout history. Unless they're going for a record, the regular season is not that important. Applies to every team sport I can think of.

I think they also recognize that they will likely play more games than most other teams. Taking it easy now will keep them from exhausting themselves before the important games begin.

39 minutes ago, The Boss said:

Ersan getting bought out by the Hawks. They are going full tank mode.

Would be a good fit for GSW, cavs also for that matter.