Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, fan for too long 2 said:

You have to play defense of some type not like Denvers matador d. Spurs had some pretty good offensive players. 

No ****. 

Thats why absolutism is ignorant.  A great offense with limited defense will go as far in the nba as a great defense with limited offense.  

You just need to score more points than the other team. To be a great team you need to have a great offense and a great defense. But to be a good team you can get away with being good on one side and average on the other

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

No ****. 

Thats why absolutism is ignorant.  A great offense with limited defense will go as far in the nba as a great defense with limited offense.  

You just need to score more points than the other team. To be a great team you need to have a great offense and a great defense. But to be a good team you can get away with being good on one side and average on the other

Man, really? I thought our plan to be bad at defense and offense was the way to go though.

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

No ****. 

Pistons calling?  Only great team to win without great offense. Are you saying the spurs didn’t have great offensive players?

2 hours ago, Irelando said:

I think you can. Boston has a similar offensive rating to us..

Would love the JJJ, AG, Isaac combo. We'd have no long term point guard which could hurt their development but they'd all individually have lots of offensive potential

Can't really compare us to Boston now because they have an all star player not playing, Gordon Hayward, who will put their offense in overdrive next year.  

Will definitely have to be in the top 7 to get JJJ, but if we are in the right position (top 7) and go defensive I would go Bamba first (7'9" wingspan, 4 blocks per game), Bagley 2nd with JJJ 3rd.  

Bur if we are dreaming I want to resign Hezonja first (I assume we will match a Gordon offer) and then I would love Doncic first and T. Young second.  I think both can make our other players better as good PG's do along with everything else will both  bring to our offense.  Unlikely to happen.  it's us!!!!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Cavs won't have to.  They have the Nets #1 pick which looks to be a top 7 pick.  Nice to know the weasel Silver reworked the lottery and one of the best teams has a better chance to get one of the top 7 players.  That is PURE luck, no planning needed!!!

Lotto odds dont change until next season

23 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

No ****. 

That is why you are the moderator.  To bring clarity to the subjects.  Gotta have both sides good and I can see us getting to be really good on the defensive end with the players (Isaac, Gordon and Simmons, even Ross, throw in Birch) we have.  Offensive end I do not think we are even close to average.  Keeping Hezonja (improbable) would help that.  Draft could too  (if we are in the right position) if we could add Doncic, Bagley, Ayton or Young who would improve our offense quickly.  Porter could too but injury issues and lack of exposure make that risky=Embiid of this draft.  Hope we can improve this area somehow!

12 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Lotto odds dont change until next season

Thanks for that info which makes it more imperative the Nets do not have a better position than us.  Last great year to tank.  Hope our FO knows that since we know the Mavs know that along with Atlanta, Chicago, Phoenix, Knicks, Grizzlies,  and Kings.  Throw in the Nets, not because they will benefit, but because they are just bad!!  

5 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Cavs won't have to.  They have the Nets #1 pick which looks to be a top 7 pick.  Nice to know the weasel Silver reworked the lottery and one of the best teams has a better chance to get one of the top 7 players.  That is PURE luck, no planning needed!!!

I don't see the connection. 

2 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

That is why you are the moderator.  To bring clarity to the subjects.  Gotta have both sides good and I can see us getting to be really good on the defensive end with the players (Isaac, Gordon and Simmons, even Ross, throw in Birch) we have.  Offensive end I do not think we are even close to average.  Keeping Hezonja (improbable) would help that.  Draft could too  (if we are in the right position) if we could add Doncic, Bagley, Ayton or Young who would improve our offense quickly.  Porter could too but injury issues and lack of exposure make that risky=Embiid of this draft.  Hope we can improve this area somehow!

Porter was fully cleared to play basketball 5 minutes ago, college ball just got very interesting even more so I should say

So they said Isaac trained today with our G-League team and planning to play in their next match. He better be 100% is all I can say. I'd be putting him on a hard 15-20 min limit the rest of the season, regardless of how healed they think his ankle is. 

On 2/7/2018 at 1:22 AM, ~O~ said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Golden State won't win the title.  They don't have any motivation or pressure on them to do so. During the course of the season, they've just gotten more casual against opponents and stopped caring about quality ball.  Their turnovers have truly cost them.  

The Thunder and  Rockets have all the proper motivation to win..because they haven't gotten a taste.  The Warriors have been to three straight finals and they're running out of gas.  They are clearly burnt out.  Thunder have truly challenged them and in both games have completely control the pace of the game.  Westbrook has the proper motivation against Durant.  Durant shows up but the rest of the Warriors are worn out.  

Its either Rockets or Thunder may come out of the West this year.  The probability is complete plausible.  

On 2/7/2018 at 1:44 AM, ~O~ said:

If it's Golden State they're playing, they have all the motivation to beat them.  Golden State truly has nothing left to prove.  The  Cavs have been destroyed and exposed to be the cancer of the team they always were.  There's no motivation to win this title.  There's no one to answer to.  They have to create a narrative for themselves.  

Looking at both matchups, the Warriors CANNOT stop STEVEN ADAMS, Russell Westbrook, and Paul George .  They also cannot stop PJ Tucker who is basically the Rockets version of Iguodala because of his hustle and critical baskets.  They Cannot stop Eric Gordon from penetrating and scoring. They can't stop Harden and Chris Paul backcourt at all.  Capela is as much a problem as Steven Adams for Warriors but Adams has a more complete post game.  

If the Warriors win a series against one or both these teams, CURRY and KLay thompson will both have to show up at the same damn time.  Curry has been a no show in both matchups often hesitating, turning the ball over, or completely throwing up a bogus shot by tossing the ball the rim with no form.  Klay takes it more personal than curry but at least Klay can defend.  Klay still not stopping anyone though on both these teams however.  Curry is forced to defend against both teams.  Chris Paul, Harden and Westbrook have lit him up with no answer back.  

Ok...so back to these posts..which takes us to another topic.

The Cavaliers might have rejuvenated themselves washing away the burnt out players that were on their team before. 

The Warriors on the other hand need a season vacation.  All of their players need to miss basketball so they can care about playing. 

I feel that Toronto is fools gold after just an analysis of the all-star game.  Demarr Derozan and Kyle Lowry literally lost the big lead Team Curry had on the same type of shots they take in the playoffs. You know..those threes they force on consecutive possessions  and miss of course letting the opponent completely back into the game?    I expect the annual choke yet again in the playoffs.  They never learn.  

The Celtics can't have Kyrie carry them into the playoffs.  They need to be dependent on Jaylen and Tatum.  The Wizards have stagnated for about half a decade.  They are the new Atlanta Hawks team that the Magic use to own in the playoffs.  I don't expect anything from them.   

Indiana is a the  dark horse.  Philly and Milly would be described as "meh".    A term of complete indifference.  The West...is too close currently.