Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Mike1989 said:

In today's NBA it would be interesting to see if we could have success with a high calibre defense with acceptable offensive production. It's going a bit against the grain but it would be interesting to see how it holds up.

Good Offense beats good defense every time

I understand that we are limited in what we can offer Hezonja to resign.  Isn't it sort a foregone conclusion that he is gone at this point?  

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I understand that we are limited in what we can offer Hezonja to resign.  Isn't it sort a foregone conclusion that he is gone at this point?  

Most likely he is gone, yes.  I would put it in the 80%/20% to 75%/25% ballpark of going vs. staying.

25 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Good Offense beats good defense every time

Counterpoint: the 2007 spurs beating the suns

Also, practically every Denver nuggets team over the past 13 seasons. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

If we don't find a point guard in the draft we should really consider going after Fred VanVleet. He really checks a lot of future breakout candidate boxes

Plays for a playoff team in reduced minutes behind an entrenched star 

Good efficiency numbers

Consistent play off the bench.  

Occasional great game even in reduced minutes.  

Wouldn't surprise me if he took off in a bigger role.  

Possible because of Weltman

I think Napier could get a look, he is RFA but Portland has tax concerns

9 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

you know, the one team that might do that would be the Cavs. AG would make their front court completely switchable on defense, and as long as Gordon keeps up his 3pt % be a complete nightmare on offense. They would have a 3pt shooter at every position. Their lottery player (as long as that guy make sense) and their salary like TT or JR would make a lot of sense for us too. Then you have Biz, that player, and Augustin all expiring the same time. We could be huge 2020 players in FA with a core of Isaac, our pick, their pick, and whoever we pick next offseason. 

Cavs won't have to.  They have the Nets #1 pick which looks to be a top 7 pick.  Nice to know the weasel Silver reworked the lottery and one of the best teams has a better chance to get one of the top 7 players.  That is PURE luck, no planning needed!!!

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Counterpoint: the 2007 spurs beating the suns

Also, practically every Denver nuggets team over the past 13 seasons. 

You have to play defense of some type not like Denvers matador d. Spurs had some pretty good offensive players. 

17 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Cavs won't have to.  They have the Nets #1 pick which looks to be a top 7 pick.  Nice to know the weasel Silver reworked the lottery and one of the best teams has a better chance to get one of the top 7 players.  That is PURE luck, no planning needed!!!

Watch them get the first pick.