Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

You start Gordon and Isaac. You finish with Gordon and Isaac.  Isaac gets all backup 4 minutes in between. 

and Isaac plays ALL THE MINUTES. I like this. I like it alot

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Consider Derrick Williams.  2 weeks younger than Bamba will be in their respective drafts.  19.5 and 8 in 30mpg. 57% three point shooter on a significant number of attempts. Player of the year for a major conference.  32 and 13 with 5 threes in a sweet 16 win against duke.  No brainer top pick. 

Out of the nba at 26. 

this is why it's so troubling urhh

18 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

and Isaac plays ALL THE MINUTES. I like this. I like it alot

Well you'd just play 6 minutes, sub in (bench sf) for Isaac or Gordon, play 6 minutes, sub back in whoever you took out for whoever you left in.  

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Well you'd just play 6 minutes, sub in (bench sf) for Isaac or Gordon, play 6 minutes, sub back in whoever you took out for whoever you left in.  

why i gotta play??

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

You start Gordon and Isaac. You finish with Gordon and Isaac.  Isaac gets all backup 4 minutes in between. 

I guess that means Hezonja doesn't play at all?

9 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I guess that means Hezonja doesn't play at all?

I don't think we keep him.  

But honestly we can't play ross, Fournier, Simmons, hezonja, Gordon,  and Isaac starters minutes.  There's 144 minutes available.  If Gordon, Fournier, and Isaac each take 32 mpg that leaves 16 mpg on average for the other 3. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

It'd be December 15th if we just signed him or some other limitation that i don't feel like looking up now if we match his contract. 

Forgot about that. I think you are right about Dec 15, or it's something along those lines. My point still stands though (not that you were disagreeing), trading him on the 15th of December is better than letting him walk for free unless we sign someone of similar value in the off-season with the money we would have used on Gordon. Or used his cap space for something huge (landing a great pick with a dud big contract player attached) that would outweigh what you would receive on December 15th.

8 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

The sign and trade rules changed with the last  cba. There's no incentive for another team to participate in a sign and trade. 

oh. but we're the only team that can give that 5th year. or is that condition now removed from the new SnT rules. 

3 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

oh. but we're the only team that can give that 5th year. or is that condition now removed from the new SnT rules. 

Yeah.  The only way you can get the extra year and bird right salary increases is if you stay with your team.  You can only sign and trade for the amount the player can get through a contract signed without rights