Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

I would absolutely trade AG if the right deal came along. We would need a top 5 pick and a young player with promise and/or help unloading Biz. I think AG is an awesome athlete, but he certainly has his flaws on shot selection as well as defense; granted he has the tools, but he’s no LeBron or KD and will probably never reach that level. Sell high.....

14 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I would absolutely trade AG if the right deal came along. We would need a top 5 pick and a young player with promise and/or help unloading Biz. I think AG is an awesome athlete, but he certainly has his flaws on shot selection as well as defense; granted he has the tools, but he’s no LeBron or KD and will probably never reach that level. Sell high.....

Yeah but that's like saying you'd saw off your foot for $10 million tax free.  Nobody is offering you 10 million for your foot.  

Not sure what that means, but ok..... All I’m saying is if some GM has fallen in love with AG and is prepared to make an offer like above; then I’d take it, it’s possible. He’s still very very young and I don’t believe that’s too out of line for a #4 pick that has improved every year. He has translated to an NBA player and you never know with picks. It’s a risk for us every bit as much as for our trading partner. I just really see JI fitting best at the 4/5 with spells at the 3 in the future and being on a rookie contract, he’s cheap. AG is looking for a max with overlapping skills to JI. If we can pick up a quality versatile big and/or guard who can run the point and shoot; I believe in the long run we’ll be better served. Just my humble opinion.

So apparently we have picked up Rashad Vaughn after he has been a pinball for the last couple of weeks. As far as I can tell he is kind of in the same situation as Mario, in that he will be a Free Agent at the end of the season because his club (Milwaukee) did not pick up his option. I'm just wondering if that means that 1) Ross is out for the rest of the season,  2) Afflalo has requested his release to chase a contender, and/or 3) we are planning on sitting Isaac the rest of the season? I'm not really sure why else we pick this kid up, unless we think he might be a piece that can stick/come back next year.

Your right...... he is their Mario, but the kid has some upside and definitely worth a no risk flyer. He has a good stroke and decent size; it’s possible he was just not in the right situation. I believe JH is familiar with him from Bucks. I also read that Toronto has interest in Afflalo for depth in a playoff  push. That opens 2 spots with EP gone.

25 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

So apparently we have picked up Rashad Vaughn after he has been a pinball for the last couple of weeks. As far as I can tell he is kind of in the same situation as Mario, in that he will be a Free Agent at the end of the season because his club (Milwaukee) did not pick up his option. I'm just wondering if that means that 1) Ross is out for the rest of the season,  2) Afflalo has requested his release to chase a contender, and/or 3) we are planning on sitting Isaac the rest of the season? I'm not really sure why else we pick this kid up, unless we think he might be a piece that can stick/come back next year.

The only thing it means is he was the best option available for development.  I think the two way contract population sapped the late season g- league call up market.  

The best point guards out there were caupain (not that great), xavier rathan mayes (meh), and Josh Gray (called up by phoenix, played terrible, recently cut). 

So it makes sense to gamble on a 21 year old former 17th pick that fell due to injury concerns and never really figured out the nba just to see if there's anything there vs filling the spot with a guy who is not good enough.  

Back to Gordon, not re-signing him would be foolish. We’ve invested heavily in his development, he’s only 22, and he’a got the drive and versatility to become a top tier player. It’s no wonder articles are being written about other teams targeting him. My hope this summer is to re-sign him, draft a stud with out first pick, and then acquire another first to ensure we get a point guard. #rackemsmackem #gomagic

7 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Back to Gordon, not re-signing him would be foolish. We’ve invested heavily in his development, he’s only 22, and he’a got the drive and versatility to become a top tier player. It’s no wonder articles are being written about other teams targeting him. My hope this summer is to re-sign him, draft a stud with out first pick, and then acquire another first to ensure we get a point guard. #rackemsmackem #gomagic

I'd agree that letting go of Gordon would be foolish. We gave up on Oladipo and look what's happened with him!

So ideally we should extend Gordon and build around him. However, what if this team's front office plans to utilize Isaac at PF long term rather than SF? Or what if they look at how we've played without Gordon and Vucevic, with a priority on ball movement and player movement, which has arguably seen our shooting and floor spacing improve, and decide to move forwards with players that fit this style?

As for another first round pick. I think if we want another lottery pick we might end up needing to sacrifice a young player like Isaac and probably send a future pick as well. I guess Vucevic and Fournier have value but I'm not sure they have enough to land us a lottery pick. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah but that's like saying you'd saw off your foot for $10 million tax free.  Nobody is offering you 10 million for your foot.  

I wouldn't do that unless I could get a super advanced android foot. Then I would saw off both for a matching set.

6 minutes ago, jec said:

I wouldn't do that unless I could get a super advanced android foot. Then I would saw off both for a matching set.

Android foots cost more than 10 million, dummy

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Mike1989 said:

I'd agree that letting go of Gordon would be foolish. We gave up on Oladipo and look what's happened with him!

So ideally we should extend Gordon and build around him. However, what if this team's front office plans to utilize Isaac at PF long term rather than SF? Or what if they look at how we've played without Gordon and Vucevic, with a priority on ball movement and player movement, which has arguably seen our shooting and floor spacing improve, and decide to move forwards with players that fit this style?

As for another first round pick. I think if we want another lottery pick we might end up needing to sacrifice a young player like Isaac and probably send a future pick as well. I guess Vucevic and Fournier have value but I'm not sure they have enough to land us a lottery pick. 

They have the ability to play both Isaac and Gordon at pf long term.  

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

In the abstract, no one can question this reasoning. The real question comes up if another team offers him a max or near max contract.  Is Gordon good enough to tie up that much money with, or would it leave us locked in to mediocrity?