Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

15 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Lets get one thing clear. The tanking was not really what was effective for philly. The moves to get the picks was what did it. Just like it has been working for Boston while keeping a great competitive team in the floor.  

Philly drafting has been questionable and lucky at the same time. 

They drafted Noel and Okafor In two of those years which turned out to be bad picks. They drafted an injured Embiid(lucky) as some teams passed on him due to the injury. 

They had the number one pick when Simmons came to the league(great pick)

they traded Payton for Saric( great move). Pick was a not a top 5.

they selected covington and Holmes with late picks( great picks). 

I think the best picks other than Simmons and Fultz( i dont know what to said about this pick yet) has been out of the top pick.

so even a number one pick is always good to have. Not necessary will work out as the best selection in the draft. 

This year is no exception. There are like 5-6 guys that can be a number one pick any other year. 

That is part of tanking though. They sold high on MCW to land a prime pick, while making themselves worse. They used their cap space to take in bad players to build assets instead of signing guys like Channing Frye, CJ Watson, Ben Gordon, Jason Maxiell etc.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tank Vogel said:

That is part of tanking though. They sold high on MCW to land a prime pick, while making themselves worse. They used their cap space to take in bad players to build assets instead of signing guys like Channing Frye, CJ Watson, Ben Gordon, Jason Maxiell etc.  

We used our cap space to take in bad players too, we just didn't get picks for doing it LOL

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Rashad Vaughn.  Former 17th pick in the 2015 draft

Love it. Isn’t he still like 21-22 year old? 

I was expecting getting another PG but I guess  a SG makes sense.

I was surprised to see Aflalo mentioned as a buyout candidate.  Maybe we're being nice and letting him try to hook up with a playoff team?

Arron Afflalo could be a target for the Raptors if he reaches a buyout agreement with the Magic, Josh Lewenberg of TSN Sports tweets. Afflalo played for the Nuggets when Raptors president Masai Ujiri was there, while current Magic president Jeff Weltmanis Toronto’s former GM, Lewenberg notes. The career 38.6% 3-point shooter would give the Raptors some insurance at the wing, Lewenberg adds. Afflalo has appeared in 43 games with the Magic, averaging 3.2 PPG in 12.9 MPG. He signed with Orlando last summer on a one-year, veteran’s minimum deal.

27 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I was surprised to see Aflalo mentioned as a buyout candidate.  Maybe we're being nice and letting him try to hook up with a playoff team?

We might be replacing afflalo with Vaughn and then we'll get a pg later

Or maybe we're not thrilled with potential point guards. Phoenix has been running through them and hasn't been thrilled.  

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

Love it. Isn’t he still like 21-22 year old? 

I was expecting getting another PG but I guess  a SG makes sense.

Yeah he's 21.5 years old.  

He's only had 3 good games in his 134 game career but maybe he's a late bloomer

40 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Maybe we ARE going to tank??? Bench Fournier, start Vaughn!

Apparently there's new fines in place this year to prevent stuff like this.  

16 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Wow I didn't know about that. Are they substantial enough to stop teams from tanking for better picks?

Its fines to stop resting players without proper reasoning like the suns did with Bledsoe last year.  So we can't just not play Gordon for a game and we also can't play him 6 minutes unless there's cause.