Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Oh I got confused. I firmly believe every draft has a few players that go unnoticed or overlooked, that end up outplaying their draft position. It's up to the front office to find those guys. To say that the "draft flattened out" it's like you didn't even give yourself a chance to look for those guys. The draft has never been an absolute hierarchy of best to worst players. Going back to the Payton thing, yes i'm glad we got something back but with this team's drafting record, i'm not sure I have faith in them. 

Its not even really about identifying players.  Every draft theres 20 or so decent bets for nba players in the second round and only something like 5 of them turn into long term nba players.  But that's what's great about having multiple second rounders, you get multiple chances at finding those players and no financial commitment. You draft an interesting guy and find out he sucks after summer league, training camp, and preseason? Whatever, just cut him.  But they're zero risk only reward players and with two way contracts I'm still kinda shocked we traded it for nothing

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Its not even really about identifying players.  Every draft theres 20 or so decent bets for nba players in the second round and only something like 5 of them turn into long term nba players.  But that's what's great about having multiple second rounders, you get multiple chances at finding those players and no financial commitment. You draft an interesting guy and find out he sucks after summer league, training camp, and preseason? Whatever, just cut him.  But they're zero risk only reward players and with two way contracts I'm still kinda shocked we traded it for nothing

you only get 2 2 way contracts, were using those on iwundu and birch, I'm really happy with those 2 guys

Just now, Magicfan1987 said:

you only get 2 2 way contracts, were using those on iwundu and birch, I'm really happy with those 2 guys

Neither iwundu nor birch are two way players lol

5 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Artis is and Payne was, don't know if he still counts or if we have another spot now that he's gone.  

The deadline was January 10th i believe.  Something like that.  

Just now, Magicfan1987 said:

so we can send anyway to the gleague whenever?

Yup. We can send vucevic there to get his legs back if we want.  

I think at some level of experience a player can refuse if he wants.  

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Yup. We can send vucevic there to get his legs back if we want.  

I think at some level of experience a player can refuse if he wants.  

I did not know that,  thank you. here's to sending Gordon and Vuc to the g league for a week. cheers

1 hour ago, Murphy13 said:

Joel Embiid is really really good.

yeah, for the first time I had to admit he belongs in the elite. and he's on a whole nother level than Towns

Couldn't help but incision Ayton when watching him

5 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

yeah, for the first time I had to admit he belongs in the elite. and he's on a whole nother level than Towns

That's why you don't watch basketball around sharp things

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

My concern with Embiid is that he is injury prone and I am Not sure about his longevity in this league.

He might be more talented than Towns but I still pick Towns over him just because of that.