Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Theres no real cap savings by not having Payton.  We'd probably have to sign him with an exception that we'd still have if we kept him.  

I understand but I was thinking more of a sign a trade move. Will something like Vuch and the rights to switch 2018 first round picks and a second for Noel works?. Is it possible? worth it? 

7 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

yeah let's just be completely blind to context and assume our front office makes decisions like a couple robots time and time again. so we could of had Bell and Kuzma,  they wouldn't of played ahead of Vuc Biz Gordon or Isaac so the point is pretty mute. This was an evaluation year, we got 2 guys in the draft our front office liked, Kuzma is a 0 on defense and Bell is an undersized backup big at best. Time to move on

I have no problem with the swing and miss attitude. but if you do miss you have to take the criticism. Why mention Bell and Kuzma? There are players every year that teams miss out on. I'm not knocking them for that. But if you intentionally trade for a guy and he doesn't pan out? then you deserve some blame. I am at least happy we got something for him. If Hennigan was still here he might've re-signed him. 

On 2/17/2018 at 3:58 AM, Ibn Battuta said:

I did some research and the pick would’ve been top 7 protected this draft. Last draft it was top 11. Rn sixers are 18th selection. It’s not a bad pick in a deep draft but again I have no faith. The draft flattens at some point, right? 

And since we’re looking back, no I would have never done that trade. Saric looks to be part of their future as a rotation player. Payton didn’t even make it that far for us. 

I was responding to "the draft flattens out at some point,  right?"

30 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Why would we want that guy? #sarcasm 

We probably would have gotten impatient waiting for him to come over, and then traded him for Kirk Hinrich's corpse to bolster our run at the 10 seed.

9 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

We probably would have gotten impatient waiting for him to come over, and then traded him for Kirk Hinrich's corpse to bolster our run at the 10 seed.

Haha

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Why would we want that guy? #sarcasm 

I still kinda don't.  He's an alright 4 but Gordon is better and isaac should be better in time and Mario kind of  overlaps there a bit. And while you probably rather have saric than Mario today I'm not sure that's going to be true long term.  

I guess if you're just talking about the past couple weeks when we've been thin due to injuries, sure.  But long term? I don't really see it.  

It is interesting where he's getting his buckets lately.  Last year he played a ton of 5 and they posted him up a ton and this year he pretty much looks identical to Mario (the good Mario lately) without the passing.  

2 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I was responding to "the draft flattens out at some point,  right?"

Oh I got confused. I firmly believe every draft has a few players that go unnoticed or overlooked, that end up outplaying their draft position. It's up to the front office to find those guys. To say that the "draft flattened out" it's like you didn't even give yourself a chance to look for those guys. The draft has never been an absolute hierarchy of best to worst players. Going back to the Payton thing, yes i'm glad we got something back but with this team's drafting record, i'm not sure I have faith in them. 

4 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Oh I got confused. I firmly believe every draft has a few players that go unnoticed or overlooked, that end up outplaying their draft position. It's up to the front office to find those guys. To say that the "draft flattened out" it's like you didn't even give yourself a chance to look for those guys. The draft has never been an absolute hierarchy of best to worst players. Going back to the Payton thing, yes i'm glad we got something back but with this team's drafting record, i'm not sure I have faith in them. 

yeah but what I'm saying is the reason they only drafted 2 players instead of 4 is they didn't want to bring in 4 rookies. you can't play them all and can only have 2 2way contracts so what are you gonna do? I think this year was a unique year and shouldn't be thought of as a typical go to option for management. I think coming away with Isaac and Iwundu is really solid. I think Iwundu has starter potential one day and Isaac has cornerstone potential.