Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

6 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

AND EP gave up 24 points to Donovan Mitchell who shot 4-11 from three point range.  EP shot 50% from 3 point range on 1-2.  Wow!!!!  Phoenix loses it's 3rd straight game with EP as it's point guard. Some things never change with him like losing!  A good point guard (one that is drafted 10th in the draft) should make his team better.  You can use stats to paint a picture any way you want.  It is irrelevant that he shoots 38% from three point range when he only shoots 71 of them in 41 games.  S. Curry shoots that many in one week or less and makes a higher %.  D, Mitchell shot 11 of them tonight alone.  EP needs 7-8 games to shoot 11.  In today's NBA if a guard cannot shoot three pointers (EP cannot) AND plays poor defense (EP did. at least, for us backed up by stats and visual observations) I will gladly let another team make him their point guard.  I wish him well too but he was a failure for us and was given every opportunity.  I think it is admirable that his teammates and Magic organization wished him well.  That is class.  But his poor performance dictated this trade, nothing more, nothing less.  

On the other hand I am falling in love with our new power forward, Mario Hezonja.  Those are performances we can build on.  EP never showed us enough to keep him!!!

So the suns who are missing two of their best players have lost three games in a row against playoff teams after they got Payton who has had a 19, 29 pt. Games and a triple double game. This is why the suns lost?  You Payton bashers are not grounded in reality. Btw the suns had lost 9 out of ten before ep went there. 

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

So the suns who are missing two of their best players have lost three games in a row against playoff teams after they got Payton who has had a 19, 29 pt. Games and a triple double game. This is why the suns lost?  You Payton bashers are not grounded in reality. Btw the suns had lost 9 out of ten before ep went there. 

It's not news that Payton gets a triple double in a double digit loss.  He did that here.  It did not make me want to keep him.  

Wake me up when he shoots well enough so that defenses actually opt to defend him outside of 12 feet

13 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's not news that Payton gets a triple double in a double digit loss.  He did that here.  It did not make me want to keep him.  

Wake me up when he shoots well enough so that defenses actually opt to defend him outside of 12 feet

He’s shooting 38% from 3 wake up. Lol. 

I, too, am impressed by the -- squints -- 73 three pointers he has taken this season (1.5/game). 

The blind dislike for Payton has become unhealthy.  He is balling. 

The blind reminders of how well he's doing have become unhealthy.  He is gone.

Basically this is all unhealthy, I'm all for having a recap at the end of the season but each side is being unreasonable.  3 games is a small sample size, he could go and have 3 consecutive 8/4/4 games and be back to mediocrity quick.  Then again, his teammates are raving about how much better they're playing because of him, and they lost to three very good teams...teams we would have lost to as well.  

Mario is playing great in losses and its meaningful (even though he is leaving us ASAP), EP is playing better than Mario but its meaningless.  This board needs virtual Lithium.  

3 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

The blind dislike for Payton has become unhealthy.  He is balling. 

The blind reminders of how well he's doing have become unhealthy.  He is gone.

Basically this is all unhealthy, I'm all for having a recap at the end of the season but each side is being unreasonable.  3 games is a small sample size, he could go and have 3 consecutive 8/4/4 games and be back to mediocrity quick.  Then again, his teammates are raving about how much better they're playing because of him, and they lost to three very good teams...teams we would have lost to as well.  

Mario is playing great in losses and its meaningful (even though he is leaving us ASAP), EP is playing better than Mario but its meaningless.  This board needs virtual Lithium.  

I agree I’m over it. Time to move on and watch this unwatchable product the amway Corp has produced. 

The use of the word "blind" indicates that there have been no facts, stats, or credible evidence presented.  Since that has been done ad nauseum, "blind" would better describe someone choosing to ignore that information. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ML6 said:

The use of the word "blind" indicates that there have been no facts, stats, or credible evidence presented.  Since that has been done ad nauseum, "blind" would better describe someone choosing to ignore that information. 

When you consider that the guy in question is averaging 20/9/8 and his teammates have all improved their game and attributed it directly to his arrival and his coach singing the things you say he can't do, I think you could supplement the word blind with biased, wrong, ignorant and they would all fit, along with some other less nice words.  The reality of the situation is that there were a limited number of statistical metrics that showed Payton to struggle in a limited number of ways and you (and some others) ran with it, ignoring far more metrics that show how decent a player he actually is.  He was limited while he was here by coaches (in his own words) and it effected his confidence, for the rest of the season he isn't limited so it will be interesting to see where his consistency lies at the end of it all.  His talent was always there, consistency was always the key for him.  The ad nauseum part is me preaching balance and you thinking I am some sort of homer.  You are completely misguided.  

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

It takes a special kind of person to lament a player's ability to hit open 3's as a negative.  I'd rather have a legit threat inside of 18 feet at the point than someone that's essentially a spot up volume 3 point shooter at the point; a point's JOB is to create for his teammates-not be a shooting guard.  If you want someone that does what he does inside and is a volume 3 point shooter then prepare to pay the max contract because there are only a handful of players that can do it and is no detraction to a 23 year old improving point guard drafted 10th.