Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

10 hours ago, DirtDan2012 said:

LOL... There's a great big logjam of teams trying to tank with 18 wins......

Do not count out the Knicks and Charlotte (23 wins each) tanking, Knicks due to Porzingis out and Hornets already talking about rebuild.  That would make 10 teams vying for 7 spots some  of whom will win their way out of a good draft pick/player (Hopefully not us).  Head to head matchups against any of those 10 teams dictates that we should develop our young players in those games.  Best way to build a winning team for the future!!!  Next two games aginast Charlotte and New York should be interesting to watch!

5 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Do not count out the Knicks and Charlotte (23 wins each) tanking, Knicks due to Porzingis out and Hornets already talking about rebuild.  That would make 10 teams vying for 7 spots some  of whom will win their way out of a good draft pick/player (Hopefully not us).  Head to head matchups against any of those 10 teams dictates that we should develop our young players in those games.  Best way to build a winning team for the future!!!  Next two games aginast Charlotte and New York should be interesting to watch!

We need to cheer for Dwight. I want him to have a great game. We deserve a loss.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

EP triple double tonight in a Phoenix loss @ the Jazz.. 13..11..12 

AND EP gave up 24 points to Donovan Mitchell who shot 4-11 from three point range.  EP shot 50% from 3 point range on 1-2.  Wow!!!!  Phoenix loses it's 3rd straight game with EP as it's point guard. Some things never change with him like losing!  A good point guard (one that is drafted 10th in the draft) should make his team better.  You can use stats to paint a picture any way you want.  It is irrelevant that he shoots 38% from three point range when he only shoots 71 of them in 41 games.  S. Curry shoots that many in one week or less and makes a higher %.  D, Mitchell shot 11 of them tonight alone.  EP needs 7-8 games to shoot 11.  In today's NBA if a guard cannot shoot three pointers (EP cannot) AND plays poor defense (EP did. at least, for us backed up by stats and visual observations) I will gladly let another team make him their point guard.  I wish him well too but he was a failure for us and was given every opportunity.  I think it is admirable that his teammates and Magic organization wished him well.  That is class.  But his poor performance dictated this trade, nothing more, nothing less.  

On the other hand I am falling in love with our new power forward, Mario Hezonja.  Those are performances we can build on.  EP never showed us enough to keep him!!!

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

AND EP gave up 24 points to Donovan Mitchell who shot 4-11 from three point range.  EP shot 50% from 3 point range on 1-2.  Wow!!!!  Phoenix loses it's 3rd straight game with EP as it's point guard. Some things never change with him like losing!  A good point guard (one that is drafted 10th in the draft) should make his team better.  You can use stats to paint a picture any way you want.  It is irrelevant that he shoots 38% from three point range when he only shoots 71 of them in 41 games.  S. Curry shoots that many in one week or less and makes a higher %.  D, Mitchell shot 11 of them tonight alone.  EP needs 7-8 games to shoot 11.  In today's NBA if a guard cannot shoot three pointers (EP cannot) AND plays poor defense (EP did. at least, for us backed up by stats and visual observations) I will gladly let another team make him their point guard.  I wish him well too but he was a failure for us and was given every opportunity.  I think it is admirable that his teammates and Magic organization wished him well.  That is class.  But his poor performance dictated this trade, nothing more, nothing less.  

On the other hand I am falling in love with our new power forward, Mario Hezonja.  Those are performances we can build on.  EP never showed us enough to keep him!!!

I don't care about the trade.. I'm just informing the forum of EPs stats for those who are interested. You don't have to write a essay about it lol it ain't that deep for me