Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I think it's because there's a difference between bad defensively and not knowing what to do defensively. I've said since his second year, Payton's problem is that he doesn't seem to work as part of the team on defense. He just attacks anything near him and otherwise doesn't know what to do. Augustine, while not particularly good at attacking the ball-handler, doesn't find himself out of position, knows how to handle a screen, and focuses his attention on keeping the ball-handler from the spots on the floor where he'll do the most damage. Jameer was solid with this as well, despite being a small, unimpressive defender. It's the difference between having a Bengal Tiger guarding your home, but he doesn't know to stay near the door, and having a Golden Retriever who sits on the porch and just barks at anything that approaches the door.

I agree. No question Payton has all the physical tools and profile to be a really good defender. I don’t know if it’s a coaching or maturity issue. Hopefully he gets it sooner rather than later 

How did we miss out on donovan Mitchell I heard his name everywhere as someone to look out for before the draft — he’s  killing it now at the pg position. We should have made drafting a guard a priority.

33 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

How did we miss out on donovan Mitchell I heard his name everywhere as someone to look out for before the draft — he’s  killing it now at the pg position. We should have made drafting a guard a priority.

He was projected to be something like Gary Harris.  He's outperforming his college career projections.  Sometimes guys get out of college and into the pros and take off

24 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He was projected to be something like Gary Harris.  He's outperforming his college career projections.  Sometimes guys get out of college and into the pros and take off

Like MJ

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah but I remember reading a lot about how high his ceiling was and that he could be the steal of the draft ...didn’t seem like a guy people didn’t know much about going into the draf

7 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Yeah but I remember reading a lot about how high his ceiling was and that he could be the steal of the draft ...didn’t seem like a guy people didn’t know much about going into the draf

I think you were reading about how high his stock was climbing because he killed it in pre- draft stuff.  

What makes me angry about Mitchell is that Denver drafted him and traded him. We could have had him for our later first (that we gave away) and some minor assets. But, you know what they say about hindsight. Mitchell was top 10 on my big board for sure