Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

I know the National guys can’t watch every team in depth but O’Connor referring to Payton as a “solid defender” in his article will just drive more “lolz Magic gave up another player too early” BS.

11 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I know the National guys can’t watch every team in depth but O’Connor referring to Payton as a “solid defender” in his article will just drive more “lolz Magic gave up another player too early” BS.

There's no reason why he can't be one. I just think he was in a bad situation. A guy like Payton needs shooters around him. I'm not saying he's an all star or even close but we did not have the proper players around him.

I would not be surprised if he did show more elsewhere than what he did here.

Just now, Magicman28 said:

There's no reason why he can't be one. I just think he was in a bad situation. A guy like Payton needs shooters around him. I'm not saying he's an all star or even close but we did not have the proper players around him.

This^. Also btw Vogel sucks so....

Now that Payton is gone and we did receive something for him, I am perplexed when I saw Hezonja in the lineup last night.  I thought we were playing him, first, out of necessity, but, secondly, for tradable purposes.  With the trade deadline gone, does anyone see a possibility, has heard any rumors (we want him, he wants to stay?) that  he  is on our roster next year.  If not I have no idea why he would be on the floor for us ever again!!

2 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Now that Payton is gone and we did receive something for him, I am perplexed when I saw Hezonja in the lineup last night.  I thought we were playing him, first, out of necessity, but, secondly, for tradable purposes.  With the trade deadline gone, does anyone see a possibility, has heard any rumors (we want him, he wants to stay?) that  he  is on our roster next year.  If not I have no idea why he would be on the floor for us ever again!!

Yes, at least twice over the last month Mario has said he really is appreciative of Vogel and likes what the Magic are building here. 

11 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Which would've been fine if he had said "Payton has the potential to be a solid defender".  Calling him one now is patently false and misleading.

Just now, Soul Bro said:

I mean what would you expect him to say? The team that drafted me can go screw itself? He's a FA. He's not going to burn any and all bridges.

Just now, ML6 said:

Which would've been fine if he had said "Payton has the potential to be a solid defender".  Calling him one now is patently false and misleading.

That's fair.

The case with Mario is so curious. He was drafted as a SG, and we now have him as a PF. He was at times dreadful, and he now looks like an emerging player. Kudos to Mario for not giving up, and kudos to Vogel for continuing to develop him.

3 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Yes, at least twice over the last month Mario has said he really is appreciative of Vogel and likes what the Magic are building here. 

Thanks.  I have always liked Mario's potential and hope that is right.  Wish we would have extended him in October.  Not sure he will develop like Redick but I see a similarity and same time frame.  Would love to see someone we do not give up on develop into  a contibuting player.