Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Interested to see Gordon's take on this move. 

He’s probably excited that we’re going to draft a real pg to play beside him

9 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I liked EP, but he wasn’t cutting it on the D. Scott Skiles is looking pretty smart right about now; maybe if Frank doesn’t work out we can give him a call. I do hope Frank works out. 

If Payton played like Mario before his recent improvement skiles would be right.  

Payton is talented but flawed.  We needed to see if he'd overcome those flaws.  He hasn't. It doesn't mean he won't. But its up to some other team to see if he will.  

The Magic will be better the rest of the year from this deal alone. It's addition by subtraction.  Now the other 4 guys on the floor don't have to move out of position to cover Payton's guy leaving him in the dust on pick and rolls. 

Good for our team and our progression. Bad for our hopes of remaining top 1-3 worst teams in the leauge for draft superiority.

I said after Mudiay was traded for a second that I would be happy if we could get that for Payton—and 30 minutes later we did. I haven’t been thrilled with our new FO but this was a good move for us and for Payton. 

I don’t know what else people think we were getting for him. It’s a top 40 pick but more importantly it’s an asset. It’s something. Beats him walking for nothing in the summer. 

We are gonna need some phantom injuries to stay in the top 3 though. 

29 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I said after Mudiay was traded for a second that I would be happy if we could get that for Payton—and 30 minutes later we did. I haven’t been thrilled with our new FO but this was a good move for us and for Payton. 

I don’t know what else people think we were getting for him. It’s a top 40 pick but more importantly it’s an asset. It’s something. Beats him walking for nothing in the summer. 

We are gonna need some phantom injuries to stay in the top 3 though. 

It's not what we got for EP although I do think he's worth more than a 2nd rounder.

We were in position to be in the top 3 draft lottery. Not a big fan of the idea but at least we had a way to obtain serious talent. Now that's in serious jeopardy. Free agency is weak and no one who's going to tip the scales is coming here.

What's the plan to bring in talent to win?

3 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

It's not what we got for EP although I do think he's worth more than a 2nd rounder.

We were in position to be in the top 3 draft lottery. Not a big fan of the idea but at least we had a way to obtain serious talent. Now that's in serious jeopardy. Free agency is weak and no one who's going to tip the scales is coming here.

What's the plan to bring in talent to win?

What makes you so confident we'd be in the top 3 with Payton? Considering we're tied for 3rd now with Payton and guys coming back

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

We were in position to be in the top 3 draft lottery. Not a big fan of the idea but at least we had a way to obtain serious talent. Now that's  in serious jeopardy. Free agency is weak no one who's going to tip the scales is going to sign.

What's the plan? 

Well... acording the management, They said they will not make any drastic or insignificant move and any moves they will make will be with the idea for us to be better in 3-5 years for now. This statement got me LOL. New Management is trying to secure their jobs for the next 3-5 years expecting for us to accept mediocrecy for the next 3-5 years until their plan comes into effect. I will give them this offseason to see how they move their chips. If this time next year were are still basically in the same boat with no CLUE OR LIGHT in the building process they should be placed in the hot seat. 

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

What makes you so confident we'd be in the top 3 with Payton? Considering we're tied for 3rd now with Payton and guys coming back

I'd take my chances more on a PG who's one of the worst at guarding the most utilized play, the PNR, then a PG, albeit a backup pg, who makes us better.

You did the numbers. We're a better team without EP but not so better we're elite so we're right back to where we were last year except this draft isn't as deep and we actually could be further down the lottery.