Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

28 minutes ago, HardCutting AG said:

We actually got something for EP lol, guess Vuc was immovable.Soooo *****ing happy I won't see his stupid floppy mop hair again!

Could not agree more

4 minutes ago, the notorious S.A.C. said:

It could be worse...we could have traded Dario Saric AND the Sixers first rounder to move up and get a second rounder....oh wait.

That Sixers first rounder wouldn't have even conveyed yet. Its likely going to be the 16th pick in this draft. But if Philly fell out of the playoffs it would still be protected in 2019. 

You're telling me you wouldn't trade our  2023 top 8 protected pick to move up a few spots in this draft?  You do that EVERY time.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

That Sixers first rounder wouldn't have even conveyed yet. Its likely going to be the 16th pick in this draft. But if Philly fell out of the playoffs it would still be protected in 2019. 

You're telling me you wouldn't trade our  2023 top 8 protected pick to move up a few spots in this draft?  You do that EVERY time.  

It depends upon where you are in the draft and how far up you are moving. Am I moving up from 5 to 4? Am I moving up from 25th to 23rd? The first is probably wiser to do than the second.

19 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Wait until tomorrow.  If i have enough time i might make a Murphy's greatest hits.  

I don't think anything i do is that absurd.  The only Payton defense you've mustered in the last year is "what point guard younger than Payton is better?" Which fine, its not a long list.  Murray, Russell, maaaybe Dunn, others as they mature should add to the list.  

But thats not really a good argument for why Payton isn't bad or why we should keep him its just a comment on the lack of good point guards 23 and younger.  Maybe all are bad?  But I'd rather just try and get a good 25 year old point guard than be stuck slumming it with Payton, king of the 23 and younger point guards if you ignore a couple guys.  

You think Russell and Murray are better? Wow. I came up with Ben Simmons and that's it.  I would've allowed Schroeder even though I think Payton has the advantage currently and has a higher ceiling.  

4 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I wouldn't do it with the intention of drafting a Jr PG who shot 26% from 3 and 61% from the line after picking Oladipo and Gordon

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

A good thing to keep in mind, we had to trade Payton now.  We have time to trade vucevic

Can never have enough 2nd rounders.

Wait...That should be your new name! 2ndrounders4thewin!

4 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

You think Russell and Murray are better? Wow. I came up with Ben Simmons and that's it.  I would've allowed Schroeder even though I think Payton has the advantage currently and has a higher ceiling.  

I think you'd be hard pressed to find people who agree with you

Also thanks for proving my point.  

3 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Lakers won that trade though

Since youre the best here at staying updated with stats, would you say that the cavs improved?