Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Odin said:

If the RFA status wasn't a consideration, he was easily worth at least a 1st round pick. But unfortunately, teams over value their picks and there was the RFA status to consider.

non leading non shooting point guards on top 5 worse teams are worth at least a first round pick? 

2 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

How many games has dj started and who was healthy then?

This is a fair point. 

Prior to ross getting injured Augustin started 6 games.  We went 5-1. We had an offensive rating of 113.4 and a defensive rating of 94.7

Payton stated 13 games.  We went 4-9 with an offensive rating of 110.7 and a defensive rating of 114.2

4 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

non leading non shooting point guards on top 5 worse teams are worth at least a first round pick? 

Really depends on the market.  It'd be different if there weren't a ton of teams looking to dump average players

4 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

This is a fair point. 

Prior to ross getting injured Augustin started 6 games.  We went 5-1. We had an offensive rating of 113.4 and a defensive rating of 94.7

Payton stated 13 games.  We went 4-9 with an offensive rating of 110.7 and a defensive rating of 114.2

Boy u are great at skewing numbers. Do you work for the gubment?

36 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

As a starter dj has a +5.3 in just basic plus minus.  Payton is -4.6

We're 110.2 offensive rating and 98.9 defensive rating with Augustin as a starter vs 105.9 and 113.6 with Payton

So now we are equating DJ's 7 games started to EP's 44 as being statistically significant (or significant in any way).  If I had more time to show the board your love of cherry picked stats perhaps the collective basketball intelligence wouldn't be at an all time low here.  

1 minute ago, Gordon MVP said:

New hennigan is WeltHam 

Ohh Co mon. You are overreacting a little. To early yet to put Hennigan’s brand on him. 

I am not happy with what I have seen but cant completely count them off until I see what happens in the offseason. 

6 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Boy u are great at skewing numbers. Do you work for the gubment?

Its not really skewing if I'm providing the entirety of the numbers and you just don't like the conclusion.  I gave you the actual numbers (you didn't like that because that reflected a difference in competition). Fine that's reasonable.  I gave you their numbers as starters. You didn't like that because Payton spent a significant amount of time starting with guys hurt.  Ok that's reasonable.  I give you the numbers of players as starters while everyone was healthy and you don't like those numbers either.  But they all show the same thing.  Payton wasn't as good as Augustin this year and Augustin isn't very good to begin with