Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Why are you getting worked up over a deadline where there isn't really any pressure on Weltman to do anything? Team's already Bottom 5 and the guys we want to move have very little value. Remember, Vucevic and Payton help the tank.

2 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Hill and hood for Crowder and rose is a massive improvement

Yep. I think the only reason they could do it was 1. Utah wanted out of the Joe Johnson contract and were worried about Hood in FA. This meant Crowder is good for them because his contract is locked down for two more seasons after this at a good rate, even if his play has fallen off a bit. 2. Sacramento wanted to get rid of Hill who doesn't want to be there any more, so getting Johnson in return clears out salary as Joe is an expiring.

Also, Cleveland doesn't care about the cost or the potential free agency as they are all in to win this year. We really can't take that risk.

I would have probably kept Wade as an off the bench scorer, especially with his contract. Not sure why you trade him for a 2nd rounder.

They also probably get the better players in the Laker's trade, but they just helped Lakers clear space to go after Lebron or etc. next year without giving up any of the players the Laker's are really high on.

management has been here for like 8 months and did not have a strong hand to play with in the first place. I'm pleased with what theyve done so far minus mario.  and i'm hoping we see some moves this off season that really have them put their fingerprints on this team.

1 minute ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Why are you getting worked up over a deadline where there isn't really any pressure on Weltman to do anything? Team's already Bottom 5 and the guys we want to move have very little value. Remember, Vucevic and Payton help the tank.

This team will be fully healthy soon and we will win ourselves out of a top 3 pick and probably even a top 5 pick. 

Which is literally what we continue to do every freaking year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Denver, New York and Dallas agreed on a three-way deal, league sources tell ESPN. Mudiay to Knicks; Devin Harris to Denver and Doug McDermott to Dallas. Mudiay to Knicks

There's really no difference in trading people now vs. offseason.  I mean yeah I want to watch some new players too but casting FO as failing if they don't move anyone today is a bit harsh.