Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

BEFORE Trae Young became a college G.O.A.T. point guard, I was all chips in on Collin Sexton. At the time I was really worried he'd play himself into the top 5. If we fall out of the top 5 and are able to pick him up, that'd be fantastic. I'm still all for the guy. His heart and athleticism mixed with killer instinct are all things that could help this ball club. 

I like him too! He plays kinda like J Simmons' intensity and IMO he is NBA ready. DJ would be a good mentor for him.

29 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I like him too! He plays kinda like J Simmons' intensity and IMO he is NBA ready. DJ would be a good mentor for him.

Yeah, he's a guy that I can't imagine failing in the NBA. He's gonna eat and he has that "I'm gonna eat your ****** lunch!" mentality lol

7 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

From the draft "flattening out", to not picking up Mario's option and regretting it, and to now possible win ourselves out of a high draft pick, to probably not getting a deal done, this Weltman/Hammond combo might be just as incompetent as the last.

#trusttheprocess

Let the Countdown begin! 

I cant wait to see todays game line-up! 

Have we seen the last on Payton? Like the Florida Hospital commercial;  I had a dream :) 

Are we ever going to see Vuch wearing the magic uniform again? 

Will #10 be gone? 

Or the only movement we will expect from new management this season is the infamous no picking Mario’s Contract for next year?

8 hours ago, Odin said:

Ehh, I am not going to hold any lack of trades against them as we cannot see what they are being offered. Remember that it takes two sides to agree on something, and it is better to make no deal than to make a bad deal.

They're literally repeating the same errors from previous management verbatim that prolonged this rebuild. Wait until the near deadline to choose a direction so no high draft pick but no playoffs. More than likely will lose a young player who will probably go to another team and blow up. Can't make deals...

22 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

#trustthepurgatory

#2030..2040...2050maybemykidswillgettoseetheplayoffs?

I like that.  You mind if i start using it? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WarDamnMagic said:

If the nyk are still at least a little bit interested maybe they would offer us the 2 Charlotte second rounders for him

I just don't see why the Knicks would be interested in Payton. They drafted Frank Ntilikina in the first round last year and apparently have high hopes for their rookie point guard. They also have Trey Burke on their roster. He's still only 25 years old and his per36 minute stats are very impressive - 20.6 ppg, 7.8 apg - on decent enough shooting percentages. I think they could move forwards with that young duo going forwards and keep Jarrett Jack around for a veteran presence. Adding Payton doesn't make much sense for them unless they plan to move Ntilikina to shooting guard, don't rate Burke long term, and Jack will leave when his deal expires or will be traded. 

For us, I would accept Charlotte's 2 second round picks for Payton because that is a decent enough return for someone that will likely be leaving. If we can build a stockpile of draft picks like Boston that would be the way forwards in this rebuild.