Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

20 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

We still have Afflalo

He left and resigned with us though I give him a break plus the punch he threw unleashed khem birch lol

I will be so disappointed if we don't make any trades... on the other hand I can totally understand teams not wanting the players that we need to rid ourselves of.

I think we all need to settle on hoping for Sexton. Unless we tank on purpose it is highly unlikely we will get one of those great players that are going to go top 5.
Atlanta, Dallas, NYK, Sacramento, Phoenix, Brooklyn (Cavs), Memphis, Chicago will probably pick before us because we'll win too many meaningless games to get a good pick.

From the draft "flattening out", to not picking up Mario's option and regretting it, and to now possible win ourselves out of a high draft pick, to probably not getting a deal done, this Weltman/Hammond combo might be just as incompetent as the last.

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

From the draft "flattening out", to not picking up Mario's option and regretting it, and to now possible win ourselves out of a high draft pick, to probably not getting a deal done, this Weltman/Hammond combo might be just as incompetent as the last.

Ehh, I am not going to hold any lack of trades against them as we cannot see what they are being offered. Remember that it takes two sides to agree on something, and it is better to make no deal than to make a bad deal.

6 minutes ago, Odin said:

Ehh, I am not going to hold any lack of trades against them as we cannot see what they are being offered. Remember that it takes two sides to agree on something, and it is better to make no deal than to make a bad deal.

I don't think there is much demand for EP and Vuc. Biz is playing well but still grossly overpaid. Most of our guys are worth more to us than what we could get for them. I'd almost take a bad deal to rid us of EP and Vuc.  

34 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I will be so disappointed if we don't make any trades... on the other hand I can totally understand teams not wanting the players that we need to rid ourselves of.

I think we all need to settle on hoping for Sexton. Unless we tank on purpose it is highly unlikely we will get one of those great players that are going to go top 5.
Atlanta, Dallas, NYK, Sacramento, Phoenix, Brooklyn (Cavs), Memphis, Chicago will probably pick before us because we'll win too many meaningless games to get a good pick.

BEFORE Trae Young became a college G.O.A.T. point guard, I was all chips in on Collin Sexton. At the time I was really worried he'd play himself into the top 5. If we fall out of the top 5 and are able to pick him up, that'd be fantastic. I'm still all for the guy. His heart and athleticism mixed with killer instinct are all things that could help this ball club. 

15 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I don't think there is much demand for EP and Vuc. Biz is playing well but still grossly overpaid. Most of our guys are worth more to us than what we could get for them. I'd almost take a bad deal to rid us of EP and Vuc.  

Would you take for example 2 2nd rounders for Payton?

1 minute ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Would you take for example 2 2nd rounders for Payton?

I'd take 2 2nd rounders from the Golden State Warriors for Payton, the dude isn't coming back here. 

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I'd take 2 2nd rounders from the Golden State Warriors for Payton, the dude isn't coming back here. 

If the Knicks were actually interested in Payton maybe we could get the 2 Charlotte picks from them in exchange

Just now, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

In a heartbeat! Is someone offering that?

If the nyk are still at least a little bit interested maybe they would offer us the 2 Charlotte second rounders for him