Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

I love knowing that on the day before and the day of the deadline I will be completely unproductive at work.  Seems like the last couple years everything has gone down between like 12:00 and 15:00 on deadline day though, so I should probably try to stay focused today.

If we're going to have a stronger 2nd half and win ourselves out of the top 5-7 draft, and we make deadline deals that really don't bring in talent, we're just adding more years to the purgatory.

If we're going to win, let's acquire talent. Let's get an legit player here then.

27 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Curious to see the extension numbers on Lou Williams. The Clips approach to resetting is interesting.

He’s going to look for a quick payday after his awesome play this season. He’s 31 so I don’t think anyone will want to sign him to a long contract

9 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

If we're going to have a stronger 2nd half and win ourselves out of the top 5-7 draft, and we make deadline deals that really don't bring in talent, we're just adding more years to the purgatory.

If we're going to win, let's acquire talent. Let's get an legit player here then.

Yeah, I think we need to take a swing one way or the other.

9 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

That's what I'm saying.  Maybe we don't end up with more talent but at least put us in a place where we can say "this guy will help us get a better start next season "

10 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

That's what I'm saying.  Maybe we don't end up with more talent but at least put us in a place where we can say "this guy will help us get a better start next season "

Right so this Knick rumor is bs to me. Let's not half ass this like everything else we do.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Right so this Knick rumor is bs to me. Let's not half ass this like everything else we do.

The Knicks rumor fell apart simultaneously with porzingis' acl. Both this season and next season are done for them. They should just do a mini rebuild

I don't think the interest in Payton is BS. Perry helped to draft Payton and Frank Ntilikina was a Phil Jackson pick, right? Maybe he's not 100% sold on Frank or believes Payton can fill the gap until Frank is ready.

2 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

The Knicks rumor fell apart simultaneously with porzingis' acl. Both this season and next season are done for them. They should just do a mini rebuild

Now that's probably true. Hard to see why they would give up anything of value with this season and next being a wash.

5 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Yup and we need to make a smart good deal for once that helps us next year, year after, year after that and so on, not just two years like Weltman said.