Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

If the pick is top 5 protected I’m still all over it. I really like this years draft class

I really do too, which is why I'm afraid with KP out for the season their pick will fall top 5 ande we'll end up with 2 2nds in 2020 or something. I also don't think losing EP helps us with our tank, it has a better chance of improving the team.

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I really do too, which is why I'm afraid with KP out for the season their pick will fall top 5 ande we'll end up with 2 2nds in 2020 or something. I also don't think losing EP helps us with our tank, it has a better chance of improving the team.

I think it’s a possibility but I don’t think it happens they are 6 games ahead of us bottom dwellers. Maybe we make it unprotected in 2019 if it doesn’t convey?

11 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I think it’s a possibility but I don’t think it happens they are 6 games ahead of us bottom dwellers. Maybe we make it unprotected in 2019 if it doesn’t convey?

They just lost KP and we suck at tanking. I'm sure we'll go on a meaningless 3 game winning streak at the end of the season that will take us from 2nd to 5th or something. We ARE the Magic after all. We have to be careful not to trade ourselves out of the lotto. This year is too important not to get a top 5.

4 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

They just lost KP and we suck at tanking. I'm sure we'll go on a meaningless 3 game winning streak at the end of the season that will take us from 2nd to 5th or something. We ARE the Magic after all. We have to be careful not to trade ourselves out of the lotto. This year is too important not to get a top 5.

If we did this trade I would have to think it’s the start of blowing it up to help the tank. Vuc would definitely be traded and Fournier hopefully will too. Mario will also probably go if we aren’t confident in resigning him. Regardless this late new has made me pumped for what tomorrow brings.

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

Whelp

I'm not familiar with the term "pushed on the gun". Does that mean they were forced by time or something else or both? What?

To add maybe they really did need to evaluate our roster for the year. Still strikes me as odd that they would literally have zero clue about our roster but apparently they really had no idea what or who we had. 

24 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

If we did this trade I would have to think it’s the start of blowing it up to help the tank. Vuc would definitely be traded and Fournier hopefully will too. Mario will also probably go if we aren’t confident in resigning him. Regardless this late new has made me pumped for what tomorrow brings.

I'm kinda afraid that if we could have traded Vuc we would have a long time ago. Not much market for a center that can't protect the paint or the rim.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Golden State won't win the title.  They don't have any motivation or pressure on them to do so. During the course of the season, they've just gotten more casual against opponents and stopped caring about quality ball.  Their turnovers have truly cost them.  

The Thunder and  Rockets have all the proper motivation to win..because they haven't gotten a taste.  The Warriors have been to three straight finals and they're running out of gas.  They are clearly burnt out.  Thunder have truly challenged them and in both games have completely control the pace of the game.  Westbrook has the proper motivation against Durant.  Durant shows up but the rest of the Warriors are worn out.  

Its either Rockets or Thunder may come out of the West this year.  The probability is complete plausible.  

5 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Golden State won't win the title.  They don't have any motivation or pressure on them to do so. During the course of the season, they've just gotten more casual against opponents and stopped caring about quality ball.  Their turnovers have truly cost them.  

The Thunder and  Rockets have all the proper motivation to win..because they haven't gotten a taste.  The Warriors have been to three straight finals and they're running out of gas.  They are clearly burnt out.  Thunder have truly challenged them and in both games have completely control the pace of the game.  Westbrook has the proper motivation against Durant.  Durant shows up but the rest of the Warriors are worn out.  

Its either Rockets or Thunder may come out of the West this year.  The probability is complete plausible.  

Rockets? Maybe, Thunder? Hell naw 

They've played well against them this year, but they just lack the depth and they lost one of their best defenders. It wouldn't surprise me if they lost in round one depending on who they play tbh.

On 2/7/2018 at 1:29 AM, Miller4Prez66 said:

Rockets? Maybe, Thunder? Hell naw 

They've played well against them this year, but they just lack the depth and they lost one of their best defenders. It wouldn't surprise me if they lost in round one depending on who they play tbh.

If it's Golden State they're playing, they have all the motivation to beat them.  Golden State truly has nothing left to prove.  The  Cavs have been destroyed and exposed to be the cancer of the team they always were.  There's no motivation to win this title.  There's no one to answer to.  They have to create a narrative for themselves.  

Looking at both matchups, the Warriors CANNOT stop STEVEN ADAMS, Russell Westbrook, and Paul George .  They also cannot stop PJ Tucker who is basically the Rockets version of Iguodala because of his hustle and critical baskets.  They Cannot stop Eric Gordon from penetrating and scoring. They can't stop Harden and Chris Paul backcourt at all.  Capela is as much a problem as Steven Adams for Warriors but Adams has a more complete post game.  

If the Warriors win a series against one or both these teams, CURRY and KLay thompson will both have to show up at the same damn time.  Curry has been a no show in both matchups often hesitating, turning the ball over, or completely throwing up a bogus shot by tossing the ball the rim with no form.  Klay takes it more personal than curry but at least Klay can defend.  Klay still not stopping anyone though on both these teams however.  Curry is forced to defend against both teams.  Chris Paul, Harden and Westbrook have lit him up with no answer back.