Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

24 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

I don't understand what you're getting at.

The Nets traded Zeller for Vaughn and what will probably be the Nets 2020 second round pick since the pick goes to Phoenix this year if it's between 31-47. That's not a crazy return for Zeller. You want that little back for Vucevic? If that's the market, we really shouldn't trade him.

Sorry , what i meant to say is that is going to be a pick around 31-47(projected not protected) which is pretty decent and in fact is pretty good retun for zeller. Not to mention vaughn which is an excellent young shooter. At least he was when he played at UNLV. 

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

When next season kicks off, if Payton is our starting point guard and Vooch is our starting center, you’ll feel like...

It was fun being a Magic fan until the last few years, but since they didn't move on then it's time I do! I'd miss you guys!

On 12/18/2017 at 1:24 PM, Natesroom said:

Id have to go find it might be this thread, maybe OPP, I posted i would love to have seen Mario Taking Ross spot int he starting lineup not promoting Simmons. At the time it would leave ross and Simmons as a 1&2 scoring punch off the bench with DJ. I got blasted by most everyone... Mario has always had good court vision and is a little turnover prone like Oladipo was his first 3 seasons... sometime forcing things to much. However i say the paints falling of the walls lets start Vuc, Gordon, Isaac, Hezonja, Payton.... Simmons, Fournier & DJ off the bench is a very excellent trio with Biz and Whoever #5

Here i am again two months later saying the same thing except injuries have changed the lineup...

Free MARIO to actually start with the first unit squad instead of starting with a half bench unit. Payton, Biz, Gordon, Mario, Evan.... Simmons, Dj, Mo, Iwundu and Khem as second squad..

Just now, Natesroom said:

Here i am again two months later saying the same thing except injuries have changed the lineup...

Free MARIO to actually start with the first unit squad instead of starting with a half bench unit. Payton, Biz, Gordon, Mario, Evan.... Simmons, Dj, Mo, Iwundu and Khem as second squad..

Ross was our best defender. We succeeded by moving him down to defend point guards.  It never made sense taking him out of the starting lineup.  

15 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

It'd be cool if we could get Gordon to take like a flat 23 instead of 8% increases

It will be better if he takes 20 per instead. I think it is not way off considering the tax situation we are in. Who do you think will offer him max money?

9 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

It will be better if he takes 20 per instead. I think it is not way off considering the tax situation we are in. Who do you think will offer him max money?

Eh.  Oladipo got flat 21 coming off a weak-ish season when nobody was bidding on him.  

Flat 23 would be a good "don't visit other teams" offer

- “The Magic are open for business. Jonathan Isaac is considered untouchable, while it would take a significant offer to pry Aaron Gordon loose. Orlando’s new management doesn’t seem interested in bringing back Elfrid Payton and Mario Hezonja has been shopped hard in recent days”