Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

29 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I mean if you're looking at trading Fournier for cheaper Fournier i think its fine (because i don't think the market supports hood making more than like 4/48 and he's basically Fournier). Plus you could end up signing him for like 10/ year

But i don't think he really does anything differently for us.  I don't think he improves us.  

That last paragraph is the main reason why I'm not for it. Rather keep the more reliable Fournier.

11 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Oladipo is probably like whatever y’all do don’t trade for Elfrid that guy can’t see who he’s passing to

1 hour ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Agreed AG has been a great pick at #4 why would we trade him for the #8 pick and roll the dice again?

I’d rather keep AG and go after a middle first round pick (someone like Utah) and then maybe try to move that pick on draft day to a team looking to trade down a few spots. 

Idk if I’m comfortable calling AG a “great pick”. It was a good pick and he’s a good player but I don’t see anything great about him or the pick. 

I know I’m in the minority but I would trade AG for the 8th pick. If we could come out of this draft with Ayton & Sexton or Doncic & Sexton (etc etc etc) that changes the entire outlook of this franchise. 

Im not against keeping AG long-term, but I’m not against rolling the dice in the draft either. I just feel like our timeline to actually be good again doesn’t necessarily fit with what AG is about to make. IMO this is another 3-5 year rebuild not just a minor facelift. 

Again, not saying I don’t want AG here but I wouldn’t be against trading him for that pick either. I could go either way. Gordon still has a ton of weaknesses I’m not convinced he ever becomes what a lot of you think he will be. 

Averaging 18 and 8 on the worst team in the nba really isn’t that amazing. So many times we see average players put up what look like solid numbers on terrible teams but then it doesn’t translate when they’re on good teams. Like Evan Turner in Philly. 

Talking to folks around the NBA, they think restricted free agents could have more value than usual in trade talks. This is because retaining them this summer might be easier than usual. This could open up a market that generally hasn't existed.

Per Keith Smart

19 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Idk if I’m comfortable calling AG a “great pick”. It was a good pick and he’s a good player but I don’t see anything great about him or the pick. 

I know I’m in the minority but I would trade AG for the 8th pick. If we could come out of this draft with Ayton & Sexton or Doncic & Sexton (etc etc etc) that changes the entire outlook of this franchise. 

Im not against keeping AG long-term, but I’m not against rolling the dice in the draft either. I just feel like our timeline to actually be good again doesn’t necessarily fit with what AG is about to make. IMO this is another 3-5 year rebuild not just a minor facelift. 

Again, not saying I don’t want AG here but I wouldn’t be against trading him for that pick either. I could go either way. Gordon still has a ton of weaknesses I’m not convinced he ever becomes what a lot of you think he will be. 

Averaging 18 and 8 on the worst team in the nba really isn’t that amazing. So many times we see average players put up what look like solid numbers on terrible teams but then it doesn’t translate when they’re on good teams. Like Evan Turner in Philly. 

I’m just not sold on Sexton man. Plus I feel like there would be better deals out there for AG. Like the suns would give up way more for him. I think they salivate on the idea of Booker to AG.  

In my eyes he’s getting better and better every year so I think we need to play it safe and pay him so we don’t regret it

1 hour ago, Odin said:

And that is an awful trade that is not even worth the brainpower to debate its lack of merits.

No it’s actually not that bad. If you don’t want to add salary and/or don’t want to risk losing them for next to nothing, the BKN pick is a nice get. 

The problem with this board is we crap on all of our players, but then suddenly overrate them to one sided trades. It just doesn’t work like that. You can’t move Biyombo without adding some picks or other players, that’s a fact. Fournier is moveable but the salaries need to match so that’s also kind of hard. Vucevic is also moveable but, unfortunately, he’s a victim of this fast paced era. That leaves AG and EP as our only moveable players, that can net us something to build with. 

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

What do you guys think the 8th pick is worth? I mean you all have to be kidding me.

Jamal Crawford, DeSagana Diop, Chris Wilcox, T.J. Ford, Rafael Araujo, Channing Frye, Rudy Gay, Brandon Wright, Joe Alexander, Jordan Hill, Al-Farouq Aminu, Brandon Knight, Terrence Ross, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Nik Stauskas, Stanley Johnson, Marquise Chriss, Frank Nitilikina-

Those are the names of the players drafted 8th since 2000. So, at best you get a sixth man type player like Crawford or a good role player, like Ross or Frye.

• Like 2