Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

No AG tonight. No AG in dunk contest.

Orlando Magic forward Aaron Gordon will not play tonight at Miami due to a strained left hip flexor. It is the fourth straight game he has missed.

In addition, Gordon has withdrawn from the Slam Dunk contest at NBA All-Star Weekend.

Good.  He shouldn't have played in it last year with that ankle.  

Dude just needs to get his legs back and hopefully that helps his shot

Legion Hoops@LegionHoops

ICYMI: The Cavaliers have offered their 2018 first-round pick, JR Smith, Tristan Thompson and cash to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan. (via @USATODAY)

Aaron Gordon on the missing dunk contest - “I’m actually more focused on getting wins for Orlando. We don’t have a lot of wins here and that’s my main concern, getting healthy, getting back and getting wins for this team.“

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Legion Hoops@LegionHoops

ICYMI: The Cavaliers have offered their 2018 first-round pick, JR Smith, Tristan Thompson and cash to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan. (via @USATODAY)

No way Clips take that

I think we just need to move on from a few guys and their contracts here. Team is 15-36 and complete bottom of the standings. We're now looking at making tough decisions on two RFAs this offseason. We're already paying Vucevic, Fournier and Biyombo healthy veteran contracts. Even if not max deals or albatrosses, we're looking at committing a lot of salary to a bottom feeding team. We are likely just stuck with Biyombo for a while, but I'd dump Fournier and Vooch to get their salary off the books to allow us to re-sign Gordon while keeping flexibility going forward with Isaac and a hopeful top 5 pick from 2018 draft also in the mix. I don't think Elfrid Payton is terrible, but I don't want to give him a raise and think I'd deal him for whatever asset I could grab instead of committing long term salary to him. I think Gordon has shown to be the best and most promising piece so far and we need to see his development out, but we need to keep ourselves flexible to improve too. I don't expect big sexy hauls back in any deadline trades, but that doesn't mean it won't be for the best in the long haul. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Legion Hoops@LegionHoops

I don't think that group is credible.  

But i bet they did offer that

7 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Aaron Gordon on the missing dunk contest - “I’m actually more focused on getting wins for Orlando. We don’t have a lot of wins here and that’s my main concern, getting healthy, getting back and getting wins for this team.“

It's a bummer he won't be out there, but it's the right move. Especially with RFA coming his way in the offseason, he doesn't want to risk injuring himself and costing himself money.