Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

6 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Haha funny I was literally going to post this same thing. 

Steph would average 30 a game on this team easy just taking whatever shots he wants all game every game. Generally it’s pretty easy for even average players to put up good numbers on an awful team let alone great players. 

Not in the categories we were speaking of.  If everyone keeps moving the goalposts on what we're talking about they will never be wrong.

6 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

What unfair shake? He's been a starting PG for this team under 3.5 coaches now.

I don't think there's one person here who doesn't want to see EP bring it but your arguing against stats that show he's one of the worse defenders against one of the most used plays in the NBA. Show me stats that say otherwise.

Are those stats of player a and b of this year or career?

You asked for stats to show that he's not a bad defender, I showed stats comparing him to our best defender.  Now you want me to show stats that show he isn't a bad PnR defender? Please see my previous post. 

It's painful how repetitive I have to be here, I never said he was good at defending the pick and roll.  I commented several times that its apparent he wasn't doing a good job at it.  My rub was with the presentation of that particular stat, and how bad it was.  It has no bearing on Elfrid Payton or Jarrett Allen or whoever.  

36 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

You asked for stats to show that he's not a bad defender, I showed stats comparing him to our best defender.  Now you want me to show stats that show he isn't a bad PnR defender? Please see my previous post. 

It's painful how repetitive I have to be here, I never said he was good at defending the pick and roll.  I commented several times that its apparent he wasn't doing a good job at it.  My rub was with the presentation of that particular stat, and how bad it was.  It has no bearing on Elfrid Payton or Jarrett Allen or whoever.  

Was those stats for the year, month, career?

Not doing a good job at it? He's one of the worse at it.

2 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Cavs getting absolutely blown out by Houston at home down 30. 

Theyre 100% making a move this week. 

AG+Fournier for TT+Zizic and bkn pic

No but seriously Cavs will make a move ando honestly AG would help them a lot. Just depends on what they’re willing to part with 

Hell even Fournier would be an upgrade compared to the guys they have now. 

6 hours ago, Picagus6Uruguay said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Me encantaria ese trade. Beverley,doncic,isaac,gordon y deandre por 1 año al menos jejej no me desagrada ese equipo con dj,ross,simmons,birch saliendo de la banca

Yes but you have to copy the link to the trade, not the link to espn's trade machine

8 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

Not in the categories we were speaking of.  If everyone keeps moving the goalposts on what we're talking about they will never be wrong.

If curry was on the magic and hypothetically we had the same record he would have more defensive win shares than Payton because he has more defensive rebounds than Payton.  Because that's what defensive win shares measures.  Defensive rebounds, steals, and blocks plus time with a bias towards defensive rebounds because there's more of them. 

That's why  enes kanter is second on the Knicks in defensive win shares.  He gets a lot of defensive rebounds despite being a terrible defender

PHOENIX sends Marquese Chriss and Orlando’s choice of two 1st round picks (excluding the Suns’ 2018 1st rounder)

ORLANDO sends Aaron Gordon

Marquese Chriss has a similar game to Gordon and tons of potential which is a starting selling point. The addition of not one but two 1st round picks should seal the deal.

A starting lineup with Devin Booker, Josh Jackson, T.J. Warren, Aaron Gordon and Tyson Chandler would be something else. Add to that either Trae Young, Luka Doncic or DeAndre Ayton, and now  you’ve got a very special team.

https://valleyofthesuns.com/2018/02/03/suns-make-offer-aaron-gordon/

The best two first rounders would probably be mid 1st rounders in 2018 belonging to Miami and Milwaukee.

If that's the kind of offers we can expect, AG isn't going anywhere.