Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

11 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Just like your thought process when it comes to basketball.  If you don't care to understand what others are trying to convey then don't bother responding with drivel.  

Do you have anything that supports your opinion?

Its not taking the stats as gospel as much as having data back up what almost all of us see on a game to game basis.

Vogel sees it too which is why, despite his best month statistically he is playing < 28 MPG.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Do you have anything other than your opinion that shows EP is not a bad defender?

I don't care about where EP ranks as a defender.  My rub has always been the unbalanced and unfair shake he's gotten relative to others.  I don't personally care about EP, I just don't want to go through another PG development process again when we've pretty much seen this one through.  He is a good point guard on a bad team.  Steph would look like garbage statistically on our team.  

To answer your question though there are plenty of stats that show he isn't terrible.  It's not like I ever said he was a good defender.  

Player A: Def Rating 110, Def win shares 1

Player B: Def Rating 111, Def win shares 0.9

Do you think one of these players is 'lock down' and one is 'terrible'? 

Ok...so the subject at hand is paying Aaron Gordon.  My opinion on this if it means anything to anyone is pretty simple.  We better mother*****ing pay him.  

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Do you have anything other than your opinion that shows EP is not a bad defender?

I've showed him video evidence of multiple point guards having outlier performances against him

I've showed him on off stats where we play significantly better defense when Payton is on the bench.  

I've  showed him advanced stats from  proprietary software that show Payton is a poor defender.  

I've showed him public facing data that shows Payton is a poor defender.  

I assume he perceives games in the same realm as the rest of us.  

It's hard to ignore the sheer overwhelming level of evidence that Payton is a bad defender.  

8 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Its not taking the stats as gospel as much as having data back up what almost all of us see on a game to game basis.

Vogel sees it too which is why, despite his best month statistically he is playing < 28 MPG.

I don't know if you read the rest of my post or not but I later said that it was already evident that we as a team and he personally struggled with PnR.  I never argued the PnR problem, just the source which I subsequently edited/clarified when I gathered a better understanding of what they were going for and pointed out how statistically insignificant their particular algorithm was.  You know a chick is ugly when you see her, that doesn't mean that a chick is ugly just because she's been on fewer dates than the other girls in her class.  

13 minutes ago, ML6 said:

The Almighty Murphy understands basketball on such a higher plane than the rest of us.  It is no wonder no one ever agrees with his opinions.  We are simply too primitive to understand them.

They do, just later when emotions die down and the truth comes out in time.  

2 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I've showed him video evidence of multiple point guards having outlier performances against him

I've showed him on off stats where we play significantly better defense when Payton is on the bench.  

I've  showed him advanced stats from  proprietary software that show Payton is a poor defender.  

I've showed him public facing data that shows Payton is a poor defender.  

I assume he perceives games in the same realm as the rest of us.  

It's hard to ignore the sheer overwhelming level of evidence that Payton is a bad defender.  

And you can do that with AG, steph, Blake and whoever.  You are completely missing the point of my position.  

It's a very P4TW thing to do to only concern yourself with the first few words of someone's post.  Very appropriate for you.  Keep up the good work.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Just like your thought process when it comes to basketball.  If you don't care to understand what others are trying to convey then don't bother responding with drivel.  

I understand what you're saying. It's just incorrect like always.