Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Odin said:

We're sitting in here, and Gordon supposed to be the potential franchise player, and we in here talking about draft picks. I mean, listen, we're talking about draft picks, not an all-star player, not an all star, not an all star, we talking about draft picks.

Sorry couldn't help myself there.

I'm rolling with AG and hedging my bets on him... 

8 minutes ago, Odin said:

3-5 pick is still a bad return, as you are making another bet that a player might pan out.

Especially because its not like we're sitting here on draft day making this deal.  The difference between Atlanta and the 7th pick in the lottery today is 3 games. So you're never trading for a 3-5 pick.  You're trading for a 1-9 pick.  

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

Capella is a dump off guy.  Almost all of his baskets are assisted. A large percentage of his unassisted baskets are tip ins. He's not significantly different than birch.  He's better, but the point is you can find enough guys out there in free agency to be Capela by committee.  Whatever team pays Capella is full of idiots.  Just like it was dumb to pay biyombo.  

Yeah, as I said, I shouldn't have put him in there- to be fair I did say that must of his offensive production was probably due to Harden and CP3.

Just saying I think he is definitely better than 24 year old Tristan Thompson.

Still waiting to here how Wiggins for Gordon is a good deal for us.

2 minutes ago, Odin said:

Yeah, as I said, I shouldn't have put him in there- to be fair I did say that must of his offensive production was probably due to Harden and CP3.

Just saying I think he is definitely better than 24 year old Tristan Thompson.

Still waiting to here how Wiggins for Gordon is a good deal for us.

I don't think it'd be but i at least get the thought process.  

15 minutes ago, Odin said:

We're sitting in here, and Gordon supposed to be the potential franchise player, and we in here talking about draft picks. I mean, listen, we're talking about draft picks, not an all-star player, not an all star, not an all star, we talking about draft picks.

Sorry couldn't help myself there.

I wouldn't trade him for draft picks.

Just now, Payton4thewin said:

I don't think it'd be but i at least get the thought process.  

I don't unless it is based only off of where they were picked and hype. Gordon has been statistically better (though perhaps not substantially so) since they came into the league while being much more raw. I'd rather go with the guy that shows the drive and continued improvement.

You would be banking on the 21 year old Wiggins who averaged 23.6 points a game while 21 year old Gordon was getting 12.7. It would also be the FO acknowledging that the AG/Isaac pairing isn't ideal. 

2 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

You would be banking on the 21 year old Wiggins who averaged 23.6 points a game while 21 year old Gordon was getting 12.7. It would also be the FO acknowledging that the AG/Isaac pairing isn't ideal. 

I guess I am just not a fan of Wiggins, so would be very disappointed to see this happen.