Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Would you do a Evan Fournier and DJ Augustin trade for Reggie Jackson, Luke Kennard and Stanley Johnson?

Detroit gets some guard help while we get to tank and get 2 prospects. Stanley Johnson just started playing a couple good games and Kennard can shoot. 

In what world would Mario want to stay in Orlando?

He's been treated poorly from day one. Not allowed to play through mistakes while other players could. Made to change his shot form and those issues with his legs that our staff handled poorly. Hardly ever given minutes (he didn't really deserve them from his play at times, but from his perspective he wouldn't be happy about it). Horrible team chemistry, a point that is a lot bigger than most people give credit to. Then the final straw of management basically saying we've given up on you and have no faith you can turn it around and we aren't even going to take the tiny risk of picking up your option.

Why wouldn't he just want to take his pick of teams that he could go to, I'm sure he'll have a lot of offers from teams based on his play recently so why would he want to stay?

I've never been a huge fan of him but not picking up his option is terrible asset management like others have said.

4 minutes ago, The Boss said:

In what world would Mario want to stay in Orlando?

He's been treated poorly from day one. Not allowed to play through mistakes while other players could. Made to change his shot form and those issues with his legs that our staff handled poorly. Hardly ever given minutes (he didn't really deserve them from his play at times, but from his perspective he wouldn't be happy about it). Horrible team chemistry, a point that is a lot bigger than most people give credit to. Then the final straw of management basically saying we've given up on you and have no faith you can turn it around and we aren't even going to take the tiny risk of picking up your option.

Why wouldn't he just want to take his pick of teams that he could go to, I'm sure he'll have a lot of offers from teams based on his play recently so why would he want to stay?

I've never been a huge fan of him but not picking up his option is terrible asset management like others have said.

Maybe Weltman had a sit down with him and or his agent. Maybe Vogel isn't the coach next year.

Its unlikely but not impossible.

Not sure you guys read the article above, but Mario thanks Vogel for helping him develop, etc.

My take on Mario is that he had some very bad habits when he was drafted. He’d jack up quick shots, play bad defense, turn the ball over, etc. Given that we were supposedly gunning for a playoff spot last year, of course he didn’t play much. And when he did play, he looked awful.

I had my serious doubts about Mario until recently. Clearly, he just needed burn, discipline and structured coaching. Was it foolish to not pick up his option? Yes, as there wasn’t much to lose. Still I’m curious to see what happens with the situation, as Vogel and Mario seem to have developed trust over the last couple of months.

6 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Not sure you guys read the article above, but Mario thanks Vogel for helping him develop, etc.

My take on Mario is that he had some very bad habits when he was drafted. He’d jack up quick shots, play bad defense, turn the ball over, etc. Given that we were supposedly gunning for a playoff spot last year, of course he didn’t play much. And when he did play, he looked awful.

I had my serious doubts about Mario until recently. Clearly, he just needed burn, discipline and structured coaching. Was it foolish to not pick up his option? Yes, as there wasn’t much to lose. Still I’m curious to see what happens with the situation, as Vogel and Mario seem to have developed trust over the last couple of months.

Agree.  I have been highly critical of Mario because, until recently, he showed very few NBA level skills.  With that said, he has unquestionably been a bright spot in recent weeks.  Something has clicked, game has slowed down, insert another cliché here.

We have all agreed that not picking up his option was a mistake, regardless of how badly he played before.  It looks significantly worse now that he is contributing at a fairly high level.  I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that he's leaving though, given that it seems we may in fact be able to offer a multiyear contract (financially restricted in first year) and some of his recent quotes are encouraging.  Still a longshot, but not guaranteed.

8 hours ago, Diplo said:

Would you do a Evan Fournier and DJ Augustin trade for Reggie Jackson, Luke Kennard and Stanley Johnson?

Detroit gets some guard help while we get to tank and get 2 prospects. Stanley Johnson just started playing a couple good games and Kennard can shoot. 

Nope 

8 hours ago, Diplo said:

No to that one 

Idk. Hearing John speaking about Mario yesterday Gave me the impression that they did not picked his option with a plan in mind. 

He wished Mario all the best but did say that signing him in the offseason  is a possibility. 

Another thing he said that really got my attention was in regards last game win. Where he said it was impressive considering we have 4 of our top 6 players out( vuch, Isaac, Gordon, Ross). Fournier and Simmons will be, In my opinion, the other 2 making that top 6. Leaving out Payton, Biz and Mario. 

That is clearly a statement on how he feels about Payton. 

39 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Idk. Hearing John speaking about Mario yesterday Gave me the impression that they did not picked his option with a plan in mind. 

He wished Mario all the best but did say that signing him in the offseason  is a possibility. 

Another thing he said that really got my attention was in regards last game win. Where he said it was impressive considering we have 4 of our top 6 players out( vuch, Isaac, Gordon, Ross). Fournier and Simmons will be, In my opinion, the other 2 making that top 6. Leaving out Payton, Biz and Mario. 

That is clearly a statement on how he feels about Payton. 

You think Simmons ranks above Payton in weltman mind.  I seriously doubt it. 

Just now, fan for too long 2 said:

You think Simmons ranks above Payton in weltman mind.  I seriously doubt it. 

I mean i wouldn't doubt it considering Simmons is the prize of the new front office so far.  

I have my issues with him as a player but you can't deny the incredible value a guy locked up long term to a miniscule contract who can create his own offense has.  

But its still presumptive.  Its connecting dots that i don't think we have enough evidence to connect

I like the direction of the Bulls. They hit reset, acquired some young assets and picks, and are fully on their way to a new identity. Meanwhile, we’re in no man’s land, with some random contracts for average guys and not a lot of young assets. And we’re in contention to be the worst team in the league without trying to be the worst team in the league.

• Upvote 1

There you go P4TW

"The new regime of Jeff Weltman and John Hammond has left no stone unturned with the deadline approaching, including quietly gauging the trade market on Aaron Gordon,league sources told The Athletic."