Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

13 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Hammond LOVES Stackhouse, in a recent podcast he said he follows him closely and without a doubt believes he'll be a headcoach one day.

I wouldn’t be mad if we moved on from Vogel. 

6 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I wouldn’t be mad if we moved on from Vogel. 

If you look at the bball breakdown review of hardens 60 point game they regularly show how Simmons, mack, Mario, biyombo, Fournier, and speights were consistently out of position.  

I can buy a couple guys being bad but all of them the same way, that's got to be coaching.  Especially when you consider Simmons was a good defender but garbage here on day 1. 

I think Vogel had success funneling guys into the middle with a giant like hibbert at the rim.  That's not our team though.  

Wisely, Hezonja has formed a close friendship with Magic veteran center Marreese Speights – a player with 10 years of NBA experience and the owner of a championship ring. Vogel has raved about Speights’ high basketball IQ and his constant readiness as a reserve, and now it is having a contagious effect and rubbing off on teammates.

Hezonja and Speights often talk along the Magic bench about things they see in games, and it’s paid off in a big way for the third-year NBA player still trying to find his niche in the NBA. Speights’ main message to Hezonja has been to eliminate excuses from his thinking and make the most of every opportunity.

Because of the steady growth from young players like Hezonja, the Magic’s season has taken a turn for the better of late. Finally, Hezonja is on the right track and the Magic could be as well over the final 2½ months of the season.

``I mean, who cares about (excuses)?’’ Hezonja asked pointedly. ``We’ve got to step up. Every night that we play that’s another opportunity before us to change our season that went south for many reasons. We’ve done that of late and as (Speights) has said, `No excuses.’’’

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/mario-hezonja-showing-significant-improvement-third-nba-season

53 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

If you look at the bball breakdown review of hardens 60 point game they regularly show how Simmons, mack, Mario, biyombo, Fournier, and speights were consistently out of position.  

I can buy a couple guys being bad but all of them the same way, that's got to be coaching.  Especially when you consider Simmons was a good defender but garbage here on day 1. 

I think Vogel had success funneling guys into the middle with a giant like hibbert at the rim.  That's not our team though.  

This could also be some of the reason that Payton's PnR stats are so horrible. 

7 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

This could also be some of the reason that Payton's PnR stats are so horrible. 

Problem is his numbers are so much worse than everyone else's 

10 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Mario Hezonja: “The second half of the season is going to reflect on who we really are, that we can build on from here for our future.”

I like the sound of that!

15 minutes ago, Years of Tragic and Magic said:

Too Bad the Magic didn' pick up Mario's Qualifying Offer.  We will lose him in Free Agency just as he's turning the corner.  Typical Magic move.

I enjoy watching preseason games and wish the Magic would broadcast them. Obviously we are all anxiously awaiting the regular season but to say preseason games are meaningless is absurd.  We have a few players fighting to make this team and this may be the most important time in their professional career.  I'm really hoping we find a way to keep Khem Birch.

Preseason games are meaningless in almost every conceivable way, and Mario's deal was already not picked up at this point you speak of.  Why bring up October statement?