Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Maybe we wanted to play Blake at 5. A lot of analysts think it's the next step in his career and could turn him into a better player (better spacing) 

That might be true. Than you have Isaac and Blake defending whoever based on matchups.

2 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Theres a recent report that their front office is split on if they should keep him or go win now.  

I wonder if we could do monk and mkg for Augustin, Simmons, and the okc pick or one of our future picks that its perpetually lotto protected.  

You don't think they'd want Fournier? Young. Good length on the contract.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

You don't think they'd want Fournier? Young. Good length on the contract.

Too much money i assume.  

Edit - unless you want to do Fournier and something worth 3+ million for monk and batum

8 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Theres a recent report that their front office is split on if they should keep him or go win now.  

I wonder if we could do monk and mkg for Augustin, Simmons, and the okc pick or one of our future picks that its perpetually lotto protected.  

I like that trade for both of us. Someone said it a week or 2 ago but they are truly marioing Monk. They should definitely trade him. Not the biggest mkg fan but I didn’t know he’s only 24 still and he has a 7’ wingspan so he’d fit the system it seems. 

31 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Too much money i assume.  

Edit - unless you want to do Fournier and something worth 3+ million for monk and batum

That's what I did on the trade machine. Fournier and filler for Monk and MKG.

This would be a good deal with where we're at as a team.

17 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I like that trade for both of us. Someone said it a week or 2 ago but they are truly marioing Monk. They should definitely trade him. Not the biggest mkg fan but I didn’t know he’s only 24 still and he has a 7’ wingspan so he’d fit the system it seems. 

That was me.  

Its weird.  He has that 18 point fourth quarter in November and they took him out of the rotation 5 games later

3 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

That's what I did on the trade machine. Fournier and fuller for Monk and MKG.

This would be a good deal with where we're at as a team.

That would have them adding long term salary though.  Don't think they want that

37 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Actually, thinking about it more i don't think we'd need to add the pick because Simmons is probably better than mkg. 

8 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

That was me.  

Its weird.  He has that 18 point fourth quarter in November and they took him out of the rotation 5 games later

Yeah that is really strange. Kinda fits at what our FO said a week ago at moves they could possibly make. Wont make us better today but a few years down the road it could have an impact.

10 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Actually, thinking about it more i don't think we'd need to add the pick because Simmons is probably better than mkg. 

I think Charlotte would be a really good fit for Simmons actually. He would be more of a 4th or 5th option there which is what he’s more suited for

8 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Yeah that is really strange. Kinda fits at what our FO said a week ago at moves they could possibly make. Wont make us better today but a few years down the road it could have an impact.

Yeah agree. Question is do they have the same line of thinking?

If Kyler is correct, they're trying to get a sure thing.

15 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

That would have them adding long term salary though.  Don't think they want that

But it's long term salary on someone who's still fairly young but good enough to help you win more games. It would keep them competitive for a few years. I mean who is trying to come to Charlotte to play ball in free agency?