Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

41 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I would only trade AG for top 5 2018, a young player that is doing well, and a bunch of other picks if there were any offers like that. Otherwise we pay the boy!

Not even then.

We need to start building a team and be patient with our own players.  AG is the best player we have and I have no doubt he will eventually be a star in this league. He has shown much much more than what oladipo did when he was on his rookie contract with the Magic. 

We need to secure him and yes he is worth the max. who knows, we might get a good deal out of him. 

Now.. Payton is a different story.

44 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Rasual Butler and his wife died in a car crash :(

Men.. that really got me! Even worse now! I didnt know his wife died as well. Any kids?

One thing that someone pointed out earlier on this board is that Aaron Gordon is still only 22 years old. So is Hezonja. I find myself forgetting just how young this team really is. We have two rookies that are older than Gordon or Hezonja. Khem Birch is 25, and Wesley Iwundu is 23. We may not have the absolute youngest team in the league, but we are close.

Isaac - 20 (rookie), Gordon - 22, Hezonja - 22, Iwundu - 23 (rookie), Payton - 23, Birch - 25 (rookie), Biyambo - 25, Fournier - 25, Ross - 26, Vucevic - 27, Mack - 27, Simmons - 28, and only 3 guys over 29. Augustin - 30, Speights - 30, and Afflalo - 32. 

45 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

We get it.  You don't like Gordon

I really like him actually. But in order to get something you have to give something. And if we are trading Fournier, Vuch, EP, Hezonja, and Biz, you might as well max out our possible return and stop trying to convince ourselves that : A) he deserves a max deal when his contract is up. B) He actually wants to be in Orlando long term. 

Now I personally think we can keep the core intact, add Trae Young/ Doncic / or Porter, and instantly be a contender. There is talent on this roster. But that seems highly unlikely

I also think skiles was on to something with Mario at PG 

You mention to get something.  what exactly is the “something”?

I still dont understand what people think we can get anything better back by trading AG at this point. 

I just honestly dont see any scenario at this point that I will entertained that idea.

A first round pick? I dont think that any of the top 5 players in this draft will be a sure thing better that what AG is at the moment. 

We need to sign him. Give him the max. Convince Mario to sign a multiyear contract with us. Give him some Amway shares or pay him with Bitcoins.. IDK but make it happen. 

Trade DJ, Vuc, Maybe Fournier and Work  hard on getting some assets back.

select Young, Ayton, or Doncic.  

Let Payton test the market and match any offer under 10mill. per year if we go with Ayton or let him walk and go after Evans. If we select Young or Doncic let him walk . 

• Like 1