Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Weak in his leadership. Absolutely. Either he was or was not the decision maker in basketball decisions. If he ultimately was not, he at least steered the vessel. Either way, the Magic look like the jv team in the league right now. 

Why are you pretending like you don't know who calls the shots in this organization?

All i have to say is it's staggering how badly Hennigan managed our assets. He was a good evaluator of talent but a really bad GM. I think most people on this board saw Vucevic, Tobias and Fournier as great pieces that would be moved for the future. Never in my dreams did i imagine 2 of those guys would still be here. 

I even forgive him for screwing up the Tobias trade, it happens sometimes. The whole mess goes back to that Philly trade for Payton. He got screwed in that trade but bet his whole process on it. From that point on he just kept doubling down on his own mistake.

Having Elfrid on the team led to almost every bad decision he made starting with the Harris trade. Obviously this guy wanted his system to work with his players and tried to force it on Skiles. A good GM makes a mistake and then has the flexibility and guts to make a change. Look at Presti, he keeps making mistakes but then switches up and tries something else. Same with Morey in Houston.  Both are perfect examples of what Henny wouldn't do, because both general managers had a former Magic player.

And so our former players are involved in some of the biggest trades the last two seasons. And our highest picked player since Dwight is on Sportcenter every night, playing for another team. 

I feel like Henny was an evil agent who infiltrated our organization just to destroy us. 

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Why are you pretending like you don't know who calls the shots in this organization?

Lol. I’m not buying your conspiracy theory that all of our gms and coaches are puppets for Martins. Sorry. Do I believe Martins, Skiles and others gave input to Henny. Absolutely. However, the guy tasked with making the basketball decisions has the responsibility to make those decisions. If he was being “forced” to make bad decisions, yes, he should have made a stand. If he was still being “forced,” then he should have resigned. This happens in companies and organizations all the time.

7 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

All i have to say is it's staggering how badly Hennigan managed our assets. He was a good evaluator of talent but a really bad GM. I think most people on this board saw Vucevic, Tobias and Fournier as great pieces that would be moved for the future. Never in my dreams did i imagine 2 of those guys would still be here. 

I even forgive him for screwing up the Tobias trade, it happens sometimes. The whole mess goes back to that Philly trade for Payton. He got screwed in that trade but bet his whole process on it. From that point on he just kept doubling down on his own mistake.

Having Elfrid on the team led to almost every bad decision he made starting with the Harris trade. Obviously this guy wanted his system to work with his players and tried to force it on Skiles. A good GM makes a mistake and then has the flexibility and guts to make a change. Look at Presti, he keeps making mistakes but then switches up and tries something else. Same with Morey in Houston.  Both are perfect examples of what Henny wouldn't do, because both general managers had a former Magic player.

And so our former players are involved in some of the biggest trades the last two seasons. And our highest picked player since Dwight is on Sportcenter every night, playing for another team. 

I feel like Henny was an evil agent who infiltrated our organization just to destroy us. 

Exactly this. Hennigan destroyed Orlando and set us back for many years.

21 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

As I’ve said before, if Henny was “forced” to do those trades, he was a weak gm and should not have held the title. Yet he did hold the title and with that comes the responsibility, right or wrong. I’m glad he’s gone and I’m glad we now have basketball management with gm experience. No way do these guys now at the helm get “forced” into very bad decisions. 

Guys at the helm get forced to do things all the time.  Its not exclusive to us. Look at the kings draft room when they drafted stauskas.  Read Billy king and Bobby marks description of what occurred when Prokhorov decided he wanted to shift gears.  Why do you think Steve Kerr left his job as GM of the suns? 

5 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Guys at the helm get forced to do things all the time.  Its not exclusive to us. Look at the kings draft room when they drafted stauskas.  Read Billy king and Bobby marks description of what occurred when Prokhorov decided he wanted to shift gears.  Why do you think Steve Kerr left his job as GM of the suns? 

Exactly. Read my last post

11 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Washington might be interested in one of our point guards with Wall out 6 weeks, but they have to send out matching salary since they're over the cap.

Payton for Oubre?

I would love that

6 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Its easy to suggest a guy resign when you're not the one resigning.

Agree. Yet you just gave the Kerr example. This type of thing happens all the time in organizations.  

6 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Agree. Yet you just gave the Kerr example. This type of thing happens all the time in organizations.  

Kerr had a cushy job lined up paying him millions of dollars as a play by play guy. 

Would you throw away $9 million because you don't want the Tobias Harris trade on your name?