Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah anything can happen at this point and if I was a Clipper fan, I'd be pissed.

They are starting “the process”

20 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I didn't see the clippers moving Blake a few months after maxing him out while still in the playoff race

That’s why I think it could happen fournier and Lou willams are both having career years. Makes them more of a well rounded team rather than a 2 man show. But still it’s a pipe dream

I wouldn't have been against the Magic making a deal for Griffin, if they could've. A 28 year old All Star with 4 more years on his deal is a lot better position to be in than the hell we're stuck in. 

Detroit just painted themselves into a corner with this move. I just don't see it working out well for them and they're now officially in salary cap HELL.... Good luck signing small contracts to pair around Drummond, Griffin and Reggie.... Not one of SVG's better ideas....

2 hours ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Detroit just painted themselves into a corner with this move. I just don't see it working out well for them and they're now officially in salary cap HELL.... Good luck signing small contracts to pair around Drummond, Griffin and Reggie.... Not one of SVG's better ideas....

Looks like SVG got his trade advice from Otis... (face palm emoji)

9 hours ago, WarDamnMagic said:

They are starting “the process”

I will not call it starting the process. I mean, They are still trying to keep a very competitive roster. Tobias and Avery are very good players and They are also acumulating picks for this year draft. 

They can get better in just 2-3 years easily. 

14 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I dont think they are starting the process. They are trying to keep a very competitive roster. Tobias and Avery are very good players. They are also acumulating picks for this year draft. 

Tobias and Avery aren't that great. 

This was a salary dump

35 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I will not call it starting the process. I mean, They are still trying to keep a very competitive roster. Tobias and Avery are very good players and They are also acumulating picks for this year draft. 

With just Tobias? Dude he’s not lebron. Avery is getting paid by someone this summer (definitely not the clippers) and they made it known that they are now trying to trade Lou Williams and Jordan. Their 2nd and 3rd best players behind Griffin. They are for sure tanking. Biggest regret for them right now is signing gallanari to that huge contract. Once doc leaves they are probably trading Austin too

13 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Tobias and Avery aren't that great. 

This was a salary dump

The same thing people said about Oladipo and Sabonis when PG was traded to OKC.  Players can excel in different environments.

I agree; it was a move to get out of the salary nightmare they were but it was,by no mean a dump.  

I think Tobias is a very good player and  has been playing very well for Detroit this year.  

Avery has been injured and is an expiring so he clearly will not be playing a factor for them in the future.  

8 hours ago, Miller4Prez66 said:

I wouldn't have been against the Magic making a deal for Griffin, if they could've. A 28 year old All Star with 4 more years on his deal is a lot better position to be in than the hell we're stuck in. 

Yeah 

7 hours ago, DirtDan2012 said:

16 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

With just Tobias? Dude he’s not lebron. Avery is getting paid by someone this summer (definitely not the clippers) and they made it known that they are now trying to trade Lou Williams and Jordan. Their 2nd and 3rd best players behind Griffin. They are for sure tanking. Biggest regret for them right now is signing gallanari to that huge contract. Once doc leaves they are probably trading Austin too

It is funny how people keep calling this trade a bad overall trade for both sides. 

I, personally, think it was a wise move by Detroit. Detroit is no a city that will attract any free agents if you have no talent. Blake is someone that can and will do that for a franchise. I am not sure if Drummonds will stay there for long if they dont do well in the playoffs. 

LA was not doing well been over the cap and  with Blake and Deandre as their main pieces. But I dont think they are in tanking mode. I dont see their ownership considering that option. I think they will continue to make moves to remain competitive. 

Tobias is not Lebron but he is surely a nice piece to have. Lets just wait and see how things goes over the next couple of weeks and see what happens. They  now have 2 first round picks they can use to trade if needed for better talent or just keep them to select decent talent to help them  next year.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

It is funny how people keep calling this trade a bad overall trade for both sides. 

I, personally, think it was a wise move by Detroit. Detroit is no a city that will attract any free agents if you have no talent. Blake is someone that can and will do that for a franchise. I am not sure if Drummonds will stay there for long if they dont do well in the playoffs. 

LA was not doing well been over the cap and  with Blake and Deandre as their main pieces. But I dont think they are in tanking mode. I dont see their ownership considering that option. I think they will continue to make moves to remain competitive. 

Tobias is not Lebron but he is surely a nice piece to have. Lets just wait and see how things goes over the next couple of weeks and see what happens. They  now have 2 first round picks they can use to trade if needed for better talent or just keep them to select decent talent to help them  next year.  

I don't like the picks and I think this puts LA in purgatory for a couple years. They're not starting "the process" but they didn't improve.

I do like it for Pistons though. They kept their youth and added an all star.