Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Just now, Payton4thewin said:

Weren't you also pro Payton for mudiay? 

I might have been. Don’t remember. I’m sure I’ve been right plenty of times and wrong plenty of times too as we all have been. 

I feel extremely confident in Ayton being a perennial all star with MVP ceiling. I don’t with Gordon. Gordon still can’t creat, his defense has taken a step back, his shot selection isn’t good. I think he will be a good second or maybe 3rd option on a good team but he isn’t carrying a team like I think Ayton will be able too. 

11 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I’d rather have that package of cheap young guys than the rental of Bradley. He’s the type of player a team is going to overpay. I feel like Detroit has shown their hand in that they don’t plan on resigning him so his value is pretty low right now I’d have to think.

Do you know that Fournier is only 25? He is still in his prime. I rather have either cap space and or picks than just more future rotational quality players just because they are young. 

Just now, Magicfan1987 said:

Me neither, love AG but Ayton is on another level. Would love to have both though 

Yea for sure and the goal is to obviously have both. Just for argument sake though yes, I would trade AG for Ayton in this hypothetical. 

3 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

the fact that he measures up to Joel Embiid but more athletic, faster feet, just lesser defensive instincts

No. Lesser defensive desire.

It's a 7 foot Elfrid.

28 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

How's his defense?

Poor. He moves well and he is huge and athletic but seems like he cant get rotations and positioning yet. Goes to rebound on shots he can challenge, etc.

Its not a situation like a Vuc/Kanter/Okafor where he is glued to the floor. He will need some serious coaching though.

2 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Do you know that Fournier is only 25? He is still in his prime. I rather have either cap space and or picks than just more future rotational quality players just because they are young. 

I'm actually in no hurry to trade Fournier this year, I feel he'll get more value next year

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

No. Lesser defensive desire.

It's a 7 foot Elfrid.

that's a stretch, more like a defensive ball of clay waiting for Chad Forcier to mold him like the villains on Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

3 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Poor. He moves well and he is huge and athletic but seems like he cant get rotations and positioning yet. Goes to rebound on shots he can challenge, etc.

Its not a situation like a Vuc/Kanter/Okafor where he is glued to the floor. He will need some serious coaching though.

he's also less likely to get in foul trouble, same with Young :)))

3 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I'm actually in no hurry to trade Fournier this year, I feel he'll get more value next year

I agree. If he doesnt bring any picks back then I will rather keep him and try again next year. He might be more valuable next year, who knows. 

I dont mind Luke But I dont like  Stanley at all. I just dont see what their roles will be with Isaac, Ross, Simmons and Iwundu playing for those minutes as well.  

10 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

that's a stretch, more like a defensive ball of clay waiting for Chad Forcier to mold him like the villains on Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Yeah I don't like that idea.

Sounds like he's not a fan of defense. Defense is usually effort and just paying attention.

4 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Shouldn't we have learned the lessons of all the recent draft picks who were billed as franchise changers but turn out to be just nice? Ingram? The entire lottery of 2015 with the exception of towns? Jabari? Wiggins?

I think this year is an exception. I wouldn't have done it last year (Fultz, Ball etc) but I think Young and Doncic are special

• Like 1