Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

39 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

What if AG and whatever is in a deal to get an all star? Or a trade least one that's on the cusp?

Let me just put it this way.  I wouldn't trade Gordon for kemba or mccollum unless you also had some other deal to pull a second player of a similar caliber.  Because, sure you get an all star to pair with 2018 lotto pick and Isaac but building around 2018 lotto pick and Isaac is a plan for 3 years from now and you can't expect an all  star to wait that long.  

And i wouldn't trade Gordon for a lotto pick because a lotto pick is a good bet to be basically Gordon.  

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

yeah like okc was 

They didn't draft Westbrook, Durant, and Harden all in one draft class and immediately dropped them in the lineup at once.

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:

yeah like okc was 

Yes because drafting 3 mvp caliber players and a first team all defense guy in 3 consecutive drafts is replicable. 

2 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Yes because drafting 3 mvp caliber players and a first team all defense guy in 3 consecutive drafts is replicable. 

That too.

Happens all the time.

11 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Let me just put it this way.  I wouldn't trade Gordon for kemba or mccollum unless you also had some other deal to pull a second player of a similar caliber.  Because, sure you get an all star to pair with 2018 lotto pick and Isaac but building around 2018 lotto pick and Isaac is a plan for 3 years from now and you can't expect an all  star to wait that long.  

And i wouldn't trade Gordon for a lotto pick because a lotto pick is a good bet to be basically Gordon.  

I'll go along with that.

Question then is who would we trade him for?

Kawhi I'm sure but we both agree that's very unlikely so who would we even be fishing for?

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Top 5 pick, young player showing promise, and 2 lightly protected 1sts does it for me. I would love to have 2 top 5 picks this year!

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

Nah. If we're moving AG, it better be for young talent playing in the NBA now. No need for two high picks in this draft.

I guess you missed the part about young player showing promise, and yes, we DO want 2 top 5 picks in this draft! If we do entertain moving AG it will probably be for a young player PLUS a top pick this year and probably 1 or 2 other good picks.

We have to stop forgetting that we are the worst team in the NBA at the moment and whatever we do, we won't be worse than we already are. We have very few assets and if we don't use some of them you'll get to watch Payton's hair bounce up and down, Vuc not play D,  and us sucking badly with no light at the end of the tunnel again next season.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I guess you missed the part about young player showing promise, and yes, we DO want 2 top 5 picks in this draft! If we do entertain moving AG it will probably be for a young player PLUS a top pick this year and probably 1 or 2 other good picks.

We have to stop forgetting that we are the worst team in the NBA at the moment and whatever we do, we won't be worse than we already are. We have very few assets and if we don't use some of them you'll get to watch Payton's hair bounce up and down, Vuc not play D,  and us sucking badly with no light at the end of the tunnel again next season.

Not in this draft you don't. The draft with Durant? The draft with Kobe? Sure. This one? No.

27 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

As for trading AG, I for sure would as long as it’s for the right price. Every player has a price. If a team wanted to throw the farm at us for AG I go for it. I am not near as sold on him as others. 

I mean, you also thought that the Oladipo for Ibaka trade was a very good deal and that Oladipo was a 3rd to 4th best player on a good team at most.

We ended up trading Ibaka for Ross before the year was even up and Oladipo is now an All-star.