Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Bro I’ve questioned the injury since day one. The whole thing seems suspect but everyone seems content to “shut him down” and just assume the team is shipping him to a hyperbolic chamber to turn into SS Isaac. It’s almost three months now with the ankle sprain and he’s not close to coming back? What the hell. He needs to be on the court helping himself and his teammates get better. 

Another magic fail. Not properly researched. The guy has toothpicks for legs and ankles. He really should have stayed in college for at least one and probably 2 more years to get stronger. If that is possible with his frame. If you could move him for a lotto pick it seems like it could be a wise move. Smdh 

11 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Y'all must've never had a severe ankle sprain before.

A couple of months is quite the norm for a high grade ankle sprain.

A couple of months has turned into out for the year, it seems. That is a huge difference. 

Also so why did they play him after the sprain in a couple weeks, if the sprain was so severe? 

42 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

A couple of months has turned into out for the year, it seems. That is a huge difference. 

Also so why did they play him after the sprain in a couple weeks, if the sprain was so severe? 

His initial injury kept him out for a month, from Nov 12 - Dec 15. His first game back he said felt fine just needed to get back into game shape. 

He ended up spraining the same ankle again late December. We're at late January.

They are taking the right avenue here. He needs to strengthen the whole ankle/legs to prevent further sprains. You got to remember that JI was a guard who had a huge growth spurt in a short amount of time. He doesn't play like a player his size normally plays. He moves around laterally a lot picking up guards defensively. Jumps at everything, blocks, rebounds, and that kind of growth spurt in such a quick amount of time, leaves the tendons and ligaments vulnerable.

Kid just needs to work on strengthen his body up right now.

• Upvote 1

There's a huge difference between being 100% ready to play elite level sports after an injury and simply being able to walk on it or run drills or practice even. 

The only tooth picks concerning Isaac are the ones picking his teeth after his team mandated bulking steak dinners.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

So reliable sources say we have been listening to offers for Gordon.  But i imagine it would require significant return.  

I guess I just don't get why.  He's the exact type of player this FO would draft and she's shown sustained improvement (slumping a bit recently, I'll admit).  I suppose listening can't hurt in case some team blows your socks off.

6 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

So reliable sources say we have been listening to offers for Gordon.  But i imagine it would require significant return.  

I knew we would.

Build Isaac's strength up, see what AG fetches, if it's significant, make the move and save cap space and Isaac becomes our future 4/3.

4 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I can't say I trust our team's management to do the right thing even if there is a new GM/president.

So far, I can't say that I am impressed with the new management and I can't feel that we will make the right decision until I see the team make the right decision consistently.

What I am saying is that I am ready for them to make the wrong/bad Gordon related decision, whatever that decision may be.