Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

15 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

The lakers would want salary relief. We can’t really give that. They can take Payton and Hezonja if they really want to. 

We could with Mack and one of Speights/Afflalo, since Mack is only guaranteed 1M next year. 

4 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Two non - rim protecting centers in a rotation is pretty crappy.  

We weren't drafting sabonis. We were probably drafting dejounte murray

Wow I feel much worse actually 

1 hour ago, Tank Vogel said:

We could with Mack and one of Speights/Afflalo, since Mack is only guaranteed 1M next year. 

Man I wish. I think they’d want to include Deng. And that’s where it gets ugly. 

8 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Two non - rim protecting centers in a rotation is pretty crappy.  

We weren't drafting sabonis. We were probably drafting dejounte murray

I hear that definitely.. Makes sense 

Vucevic is the Magic’s longest-tenured player. Acquired when the franchise traded Dwight Howard in August 2012, Vucevic has been the one on-court constant throughout the franchise’s long, frustrating rebuild. Nobody on the roster has endured as many losses as he’s endured — 311 total and counting — over the last 5½ seasons.

And yet, Vucevic made something clear Thursday: He has no desire to be traded.

“I love it here,” he answered when he was asked whether he’d like to remain with the team. “I’m just disappointed that I haven’t been able to bring more wins and more joy to this franchise, to these fans. That’s the biggest disappointment for me. But other than that, everything’s been great for me here as far as how the organization treated me, how the fans treated me, my role on the team, how I’ve been able to perform. All that’s been great.

“I think if only we could get some wins, get some joy around here, it would be so much better. I always think we’re not that far away. I always think it’s like a couple of things that need to change, a couple of things that we could do to make it better. That’s why I try to stay positive. It’s not easy. A lot times when we have a bad loss, when we get a couple of losses in a row and all that, it takes a toll. You get very frustrated. But it’s never gotten to a point where I felt like I should ask to be moved.”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-orlando-magic-nikola-vucevic-0126-story.html

Having a center that actually wants to be here is a nice change, but.....

fcihp1.gif

2 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

I thought you'd want a point guard who can shoot? 

Murray has 13 career made threes

Yeah but imagine having a prospect like Murray compete with Payton at the pg spot...we’d be in a better position 

13 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Yeah but imagine having a prospect like Murray compete with Payton at the pg spot...we’d be in a better position 

We need to let EP go as a failed project or move him to the bench and bring in or draft a PG that demands being guarded for outside shots.