Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

37 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I don't really know that he did.  Might be mental. 

Maybe.

Just piggybacking what Weltman said about moves for the long term, do you think Philly would trade Fultz and would/should we see what they'd want for him? Or is that shoulder too risky? I honestly haven't seen what the actual injury is.

35 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Maybe.

Just piggybacking what Weltman said about moves for the long term, do you think Philly would trade Fultz and would/should we see what they'd want for him? Or is that shoulder too risky? I honestly haven't seen what the actual injury is.

Nobody really knows what the injury is.  It was labeled as a scapular imbalance but its really presenting itself as a frozen shoulder

I really don’t think it’s just mental. These guys have been shooting a basketball for 20 years they don’t just forget how to do it. 

I don’t think people realize how the slightest injury to a shoulder could effect the release on a shot. It doesn’t take much at all to overcompensate if you have an injury. I think Fultz downplayed the severity of the injury all year. To me, it just looks like he doesn’t use the form he used in college because he can’t anymore and if that is the case his shot will never come back. 

There could be some aspects of it being mental with him but I just think there has to be some sort of physical limitation too. Either way idk why Philly would trade him now his stock will never be lower. Unless they think he truly is shot and want to get whatever they can for him. 

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I really don’t think it’s just mental. These guys have been shooting a basketball for 20 years they don’t just forget how to do it. 

I don’t think people realize how the slightest injury to a shoulder could effect the release on a shot. It doesn’t take much at all to overcompensate if you have an injury. I think Fultz downplayed the severity of the injury all year. To me, it just looks like he doesn’t use the form he used in college because he can’t anymore and if that is the case his shot will never come back. 

There could be some aspects of it being mental with him but I just think there has to be some sort of physical limitation too. Either way idk why Philly would trade him now his stock will never be lower. Unless they think he truly is shot and want to get whatever they can for him. 

If he "can't" anymore due to injury he should probably stop shooting and get his shoulder fixed. Go to Germany or something lol.

7 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I think physical injuries can lead to mental issues too though. With how mechanical and ingrained these shots become for players, any long term physical issue can have a lasting impact even after any injury has healed.

I really hope he isn't broken as a player as that would just suck for him.

I seriously think he has a frozen shoulder.  It'd make a lot of sense. 

Right now he's in the stage where he's getting ROM back but has pain at the end of the range of motion hence the weird lower release

I am excited to see Gordon redeem himself in the dunk contest. He needs to do away with all the flash of intel and all that jazz.  Just get back to the basics and go out there with Stuff on the hoverboard and dominate again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

I seriously think he has a frozen shoulder.  It'd make a lot of sense. 

Right now he's in the stage where he's getting ROM back but has pain at the end of the range of motion hence the weird lower release

It is very rare for someone to develop a frozen shoulder without any other pathology associated. Something is making that capsule to get thicker. It could be biomechanics but then again it is extremely rare on an athlete to develop this at a young age. 

I think is definitely a scapular issue. Maybe he suffers from a weak scapula(winging of scapula) and has been over compensating with the shoulder causing chronic inoingment and  thickening of the capsule, hence the frozen shoulder. 

If that is the case, then he might beed more than just a few weeks to recover. 

I just dont understand why Philly doesnt shot him down for the year like they did with Simmons and Embid if it is really that serious. 

This doesn't smell right. If I am the owner of that team and I see one of my players struggling like that, I will fligh him immediately to Alabama to see  Dr James Andrew and shot him down for the year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1