Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

“If we make a trade it will likely be a deal that helps us 3-4 years from now not this year or next” 

This is the best quote I’ve heard from Hammond. He’s finally 100% realized just how awful this roster is. No quick fix half assed moves. Gotta do it the right way. 

Only problem I have with that is setting such a low bar for himself.  Kind of a built in excuse if the team is terrible for 4 more years.  I can't see how you change the culture that way.

• Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

It's shooting a ball...how does this even happen in such a short time? He has shot the ball the same way for what 10+ years? Changes his shot for 6 months and now can't shoot or go back to his old shot? It's so weird. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Only problem I have with that is setting such a low bar for himself.  Kind of a built in excuse if the team is terrible for 4 more years.  I can't see how you change the culture that way.

Not only that, but His statement can also mean that:

1. He will not be making any move and let the contracts run their courses.  

2. Sign 1-2 years (with second year as a team option) contracts during the next 2-3 summers, 3. Continue to be a bad team to further gather lottery picks in the next two to three years

4. Convince the fans to trust the process so he can secure a 4 year contract.

10 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

It's shooting a ball...how does this even happen in such a short time? He has shot the ball the same way for what 10+ years? Changes his shot for 6 months and now can't shoot or go back to his old shot? It's so weird. 

It makes no sense! 

Paul George‘s impending free agency remains one of the biggest NBA stories, and it might have become more interesting because of a Russell Westbrook interview this week.

The Oklahoma City Thunder‘s All-Star Game representative voiced frustration about George being passed over. More importantly, the player many considered a Thunder one-and-done connected Westbrook’s comments with his own free agency.

Russ is the reason why this [free agency] decision is becoming even more easier to make, is the character Russ [has],” George told ESPN. “A stand-up guy, and he has his teammate’s back.”

It almost sounds here like George is hinting he’d like to stay in Oklahoma City despite being a Los Angeles-area native. The Pacers shipped him to one of American pro sports’ smallest markets because he wasn’t going to re-sign in Indiana, so it would certainly be interesting if he did agree to stay in Oklahoma City.

As ESPN’s Royce Young notes, George said Westbrook’s decision to sign a four-year extension in September made his decision “easier.” The reigning MVP’s vigorous defense of George’s All-Star qualifications looks to have played a part in furthering this bond between the new teammates.

https://www.fanragsports.com/paul-george-hints-at-free-agency-future/

George staying in OKC could have the Lakers throwing a max offer to AG.