Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Gordon MVP said:

bagley is gonna be a stud 

Maybe, but I’m out on big men who don’t play defense and can’t defend the rim. I don’t think that leads to wins. 

And I don’t think he’s in a class of his own so BPA at #1 doesn’t dictate Bagley. 

1 hour ago, Gordon MVP said:

BPA. Trae young is the next Napier. We shouldn’t be forced into picking him because we have Gordon who’s regressed to the mean and Isaac who can’t even get on the court. 

bagley is gonna be a stud 

Bagley probably IS going to be a stud, but so are Young, Ayton, and possibly Sexton. Bagley wouldn't get minutes behind AG and Isaac, so unless we trade one of them one of the other BPAs would make a lot more sense. The trade deadline this year should be interesting. Hoping to say goodbye to a lot of players.

Interesting take on AG Magicman, you might have something there. I’ve been saying that we should be open to the right trade. AG is definitely not untouchable and I think we can all agree the EP’s suspect defense neutralizes his great passing game. A team’s point guard position is crucial and we are very average if even that. It use to be his shot we were all concerned about, but now the defense is raising its ugly head. What a shame because the eye test tells you EP is built to be a defensive nuisance with his length and size, but he continues to disappoint. It’s time to wake up and smell the coffee grinds.

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Just throwing his out there...AG the next Josh Smith without the maturity issues?

His shot is further along. Smith was one of the least efficient offensive players in the league.  Gordon, even if he ends up completely regressing to his averages from three has still been significantly better than smith in the two point range

Josh smith was a much better shot blocker.  

5 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Interesting take on AG Magicman, you might have something there. I’ve been saying that we should be open to the right trade. AG is definitely not untouchable and I think we can all agree the EP’s suspect defense neutralizes his great passing game. A team’s point guard position is crucial and we are very average if even that. It use to be his shot we were all concerned about, but now the defense is raising its ugly head. What a shame because the eye test tells you EP is built to be a defensive nuisance with his length and size, but he continues to disappoint. It’s time to wake up and smell the coffee grinds.

I'm not advocating trading AG. Just think he's not a first option player which is fine. Doesn't mean he never sees a all star game or two or doesn't help us to a ship. 

10 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

His shot is further along. Smith was one of the least efficient offensive players in the league.  Gordon, even if he ends up completely regressing to his averages from three has still been significantly better than smith in the two point range

Josh smith was a much better shot blocker.  

Yeah after I wrote that I second thought about how good of a shot blocker Smith was but you know, AG can be just as good. 

I agree AG is a better shooter. There's no reason why he can't be as good as a shot blocker.

My Smith comparison wasn't suppose to be a knock. A more efficient offensively Josh Smith without the maturity issues is a damn good thing to have on your team.

28 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah after I wrote that I second thought about how good of a shot blocker Smith was but you know, AG can be just as good. 

I agree AG is a better shooter. There's no reason why he can't be as good as a shot blocker.

My Smith comparison wasn't suppose to be a knock. A more efficient offensively Josh Smith without the maturity issues is a damn good thing to have on your team.

I don't know about Gordon becoming a good shot blocker. Shot blocking seems to be one of those things that either you are good at or you aren't.

Also, I think their defensive profiles are different. Smith seemed to excel more as an off the ball team and help defender, while Gordon's strengths seem more in the line of being a good on the ball defender.

I could be wrong on both of those though.

1 hour ago, Odin said:

I don't know about Gordon becoming a good shot blocker. Shot blocking seems to be one of those things that either you are good at or you aren't.

Also, I think their defensive profiles are different. Smith seemed to excel more as an off the ball team and help defender, while Gordon's strengths seem more in the line of being a good on the ball defender.

I could be wrong on both of those though.

I agree on the second paragraph.

Shotblocking is just observing and reacting. AG was a decent weakside shot blocker. He just isn't putting much attention to it.

On 1/23/2018 at 10:39 AM, alwaystragic said:

First post in many years. Used to post a lot as Manu Ginobili back in the day. Days and years have gone by, kept lurking the site but could not get a new account to work. Nice to know everyone is doing well.

This team has broke my heart several times. Giving Oladipo and Harris away for nothing is just adding salt to the wound.

Our best expectation would be to have a 1/3 draft pick that can become a superstar. The team as currently built is not good for anything. 

I would just keep Byombo, AG (max) Payton (not max) and  build from scratch again, and this time, do wait for new talent to develop. 

Hennigan set our franchise back for a long time with those 2 stupid trades. 

Welcome back!

• Upvote 1

“If we make a trade it will likely be a deal that helps us 3-4 years from now not this year or next” 

This is the best quote I’ve heard from Hammond. He’s finally 100% realized just how awful this roster is. No quick fix half assed moves. Gotta do it the right way. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

“If we make a trade it will likely be a deal that helps us 3-4 years from now not this year or next” 

This is the best quote I’ve heard from Hammond. He’s finally 100% realized just how awful this roster is. No quick fix half assed moves. Gotta do it the right way. 

got a link to that please mate?