Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

He's unreal. I'd have him in a instance 110%

I wouldn't.  He's good.  He has games like this. He spends a significant amount of time literally not playing defense and leaving his teammates to play 4 on 5 while he spends the entire possession yelling at the refs

He's mentally weak and we saw when the magic played them this year a close game turned into a blowout in the fourth quarter because he quit when something didn't go his way. 

44 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

MJ says he's not trading Kemba unless they get a all star in return.

Welp...

Damage control

And nobody is giving them an all star while taking back a bad contract.  

So they effectively just pissed off their best player for no reason.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

First post in many years. Used to post a lot as Manu Ginobili back in the day. Days and years have gone by, kept lurking the site but could not get a new account to work. Nice to know everyone is doing well.

This team has broke my heart several times. Giving Oladipo and Harris away for nothing is just adding salt to the wound.

Our best expectation would be to have a 1/3 draft pick that can become a superstar. The team as currently built is not good for anything. 

I would just keep Byombo, AG (max) Payton (not max) and  build from scratch again, and this time, do wait for new talent to develop. 

Hennigan set our franchise back for a long time with those 2 stupid trades. 

14 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Damage control

And nobody is giving them an all star while taking back a bad contract.  

So they effectively just pissed off their best player for no reason.  

Good point.

Also just watched First Take and both Jalen Rose and Stephen A says Kawhi wants out. Both made a very compelling argument on how he's been leading up to this for some time.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Good point.

Also just watched First Take and both Jalen Rose and Stephen A says Kawhi wants out. Both made a very compelling argument on how he's been leading up to this for some time.

I think San Antonio just waits him out and works on the relationship like they did with aldridge

5 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I think San Antonio just waits him out and works on the relationship like they did with aldridge

Yeah that's probably what happens but they made it pretty clear that Kawhi has been wanting out for a while for many reasons. One is SA never signing high profile FA's on a aging team.

39 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

First post in many years. Used to post a lot as Manu Ginobili back in the day. Days and years have gone by, kept lurking the site but could not get a new account to work. Nice to know everyone is doing well.

This team has broke my heart several times. Giving Oladipo and Harris away for nothing is just adding salt to the wound.

Our best expectation would be to have a 1/3 draft pick that can become a superstar. The team as currently built is not good for anything. 

I would just keep Byombo, AG (max) Payton (not max) and  build from scratch again, and this time, do wait for new talent to develop. 

Hennigan set our franchise back for a long time with those 2 stupid trades. 

Agreed keep Isaac and birch though. Maybe trade Payton too but most importantly TRADE THE *****ING EUROS!! GET EM OUT!!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah that's probably what happens but they made it pretty clear that Kawhi has been wanting out for a while for many reasons. One is SA never signing high profile FA's on a aging team.

Are they forgetting LaMarcus Aldridge? He was basically the  highest profile FA that year. And to a certain degree, why would a player care about that if the team is a constant 50+ win possible finals team? You want good FAs because you want to win, not just for the sake of high profile players.

And remember, Tim Duncan supposedly almost left at one point too. San Antonio is pretty good at keeping the players they want to keep. I would bet money that all of this blows over and people forget about these troubles, if there even are any, in a couple of years unless Kawhi ends up almost permanently injured in the future.

.@OrlandoMagic coach Frank Vogel said his team was deep in conversations about signing free-agent F Vince Carter last July before his team was “outbid” by @SacramentoKings. Carter, of course, is a native of Daytona Beach & played for Magic from 2010-12.

Oh God...We're gonna trade for him and Hill.