Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

19 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I don't see anywhere that suggests there's  a stranded relationship. Just mutual frustration over a slow rehabilitation.

I mean, I agree in the sense that I don't think they're trading him or anything like that, but there are definitely words used that are synonymous with a strained relationship.  Discord, chilling impact, distant, disconnected, turbulence, etc.  The whole point of the article is to suggest it is something more than frustration.

13 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I mean, I agree in the sense that I don't think they're trading him or anything like that, but there are definitely words used that are synonymous with a strained relationship.  Discord, chilling impact, distant, disconnected, turbulence, etc.  The whole point of the article is to suggest it is something more than frustration.

Eh, that's ESPN just churning the pot to create traffic.

It wouldn't surprise me if Kawhi gets his head turned by people outside of the Spurs organisation that causes an irreparable rift. How many times have we seen players in the modern era become unhappy with their situation because they think the grass is greener on the other side? 

Take Dwight for example. He bolted at the first chance he got and went to the Lakers. What's he done since leaving us? Nothing. No ring. No NBA finals appearance. He fell flat in LA. He then abandoned them and joined Houston, he did ok but arguably Houston's success was mostly down to James Harden. Then he left them for his hometown team, Atlanta, and they quickly showed him the door. Now he's in Charlotte and they are apparently ready to trade him somewhere to get his bloated contract off the books. Now I'm not still bitter at Dwight leaving us - I'm over that - but there is one example of a player that thought he could do better elsewhere rather than stay on a team that supported him and treated him very well. Dwight did come out not long ago and explain his exit, but as much as he probably wanted to try his hand elsewhere, I would not be surprised if he now regrets leaving us because he could have been a one team guy with us because he was our star. 

Don't get me wrong the Spurs organisation is seen as the organisation that teams want to emulate in the NBA. Pop has coached some great players and kept those great players together and happy. However, in this modern era many players seem more willing to leave their existing situations to go elsewhere to either play with their friends or to simply join super teams because that's the trend rather than try to win with their existing team. Kevin Durant walked away from OKC and joined Golden State. Paul George wanted out of Indiana. LeBron originally walked from Cleveland to Miami and then back to Cleveland. Players in this era seem fine with walking away, so like I said, it wouldn't surprise me if Kawhi became the next top tier player to move to another team.

4 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Wow.  Jason Kidd fired

Yep, just saw that too.

The Bucks are not as good as they should be, so I understand it.

7 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Wow.  Jason Kidd fired

Greek freak is apparently “devastated” that the bucks fired him.

Just now, Magicfan1987 said:

Magic to hire Jason Kidd after firing Coach Vogel???

Considering he had problems with our current gm, no.  

Also, not sure how you can throw Bledsoe, brogdon, Middleton, giannis, Henson, Snell, maker, dellvedova out there as 8 of your 9 Man rotation and end up as a bottom 5 defense